PDA

View Full Version : Blue Lizard sensitive skin sunscreen?

maestramommy
06-04-2013, 05:51 PM
I was looking at it on Amazon, and there were some reviews cautioning that even though Blue Lizard now makes their sunscreen without any parabens, the original did, and they are still floating out there. Where can I buy this? I remember seeing it randomly at Hannaford (not my local one) last year. Is it MUCH more than buying it online?

crl
06-04-2013, 06:18 PM
I don't know about the bricks and mortar pricing. When I got the stuff with parabens off Amazon, they refunded my money and did not have me bother to send it back since it didn't match the description. So not much risk in ordering off Amazon. Then drugstore.com had a sale and everyone was getting the new paraben-free formula so I ordered from them and got paraben free.

Catherine

trickyhop
06-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Hi
We recently bought the blue lizard from amazon for babies. They also have for sensitive both don't have parabens and you can get the baby one( they are both fairly similar from what I've read) through subscribe and save!

citymama
06-04-2013, 06:59 PM
I got it from drugstore.com last month and it was parabens free. They said they don't have any old stock (despite the online photo).

ETA I got BL Baby.

MMMommy
06-04-2013, 09:30 PM
I ordered the 8.75 fl oz size Blue Lizard Sensitive from Drugstore.com last month during the buy one, get one half off, and all were paraben-free.

I ordered two more 8.75 fl oz from Walgreens.com last week, and they were paraben-free as well. Walgreens.com sells the 8.75 fl oz for $19.54, which is a good price for that size. It usually sells for around $26. Walgreens.com has free shipping on orders of $25 or more.

But there is probably that risk that some could be old stock with parabens. Some of the sizes say "paraben-free" in the description at Walgreens.com, even though the ingredient list still shows parabens. Perhaps sites just haven't updated their information.

http://www.walgreens.com/q/blue-lizard-sensitive-sunscreen

maestramommy
06-04-2013, 10:15 PM
WTH? I just went to drugstore.com and every BL sunscreen they had has 3 parabens in the ingredients list.

crl
06-04-2013, 10:41 PM
WTH? I just went to drugstore.com and every BL sunscreen they had has 3 parabens in the ingredients list.

Yep, that discouraged me too. But people here were getting paraben free anyway so I ordered too and also got paraben free.

Catherine

citymama
06-05-2013, 12:59 AM

Same as crl - despite that, the item shipped was the new paraben free formula. They seem to have fresh stock and promised to accept a free return if I got the old formula.