PDA

View Full Version : How do you wash your bras?

athompson
06-04-2013, 11:14 PM
I just purchased some "nice" bras for the first time in years. I'd like to keep them looking pretty:loveeyes: How do you wash your bras?

cono0507
06-04-2013, 11:32 PM
I just purchased some "nice" bras for the first time in years. I'd like to keep them looking pretty:loveeyes: How do you wash your bras?

I know many women hand wash theirs, but I put them in a lingerie bag in the wash with the rest of my clothes. No dryer though - I put them on the drying rack.

boltfam
06-04-2013, 11:33 PM
I know many women hand wash theirs, but I put them in a lingerie bag in the wash with the rest of my clothes. No dryer though - I put them on the drying rack.

:yeahthat: to all of the above, and I wash them on the delicate cycle.

rlu
06-05-2013, 12:11 AM
handwash cold in woolite, hang dry.

cagey
06-05-2013, 12:46 AM
I usually either hand wash in the shower or when I have a few, will make a big bucket of hot water + scoop of Oxyclean. Stir till powder dissolves. Let water cool until its lukewarm and soak bras for a few hours. Rinse and dry on a rack.

infomama
06-05-2013, 02:03 AM
lingerie bag, handwash cycle, hang to dry (not by the strap).

sunshine873
06-05-2013, 07:22 AM
Wow, I am heavily mistreating my bras. I'm usually proud of myself if I remember to take them out of the pile of clothes going into the dryer. :bag:

JBaxter
06-05-2013, 07:42 AM
toss them all in the washer with the other dressier clothes Hang dry. I have several VS & Fredericks bras I like.

MelissaTC
06-05-2013, 07:43 AM
I wash them in a lingerie bag on the delicate cycle using lingerie wash from Nordstrom. I air dry them on a rack. They still look pretty new and the elastic is strong. I figure I am paying anywhere from $68-$120 per bra, so I am going to treat them right and make them last as long as I can!

mom2khj
06-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Delicate cycle, in a lingerie bag and hang to dry. I use Dreft as the manufacturer's rep for the brand I bought told me not to use Woolite and recommended baby detergent instead.

lizzywednesday
06-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Lingerie bag with cold-water or warm-water loads, regular detergent, hang to dry. The lingerie bag helps me remember to hang them up because I can just grab the bag out of the washer while I'm transferring the clothes to the dryer.

Woolite aggravates my allergies and "lingerie wash" is a joke, IMO.

I used to hand-wash with shampoo or hand soap, but I no longer have the time.

anonomom
06-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Wow, I am heavily mistreating my bras. I'm usually proud of myself if I remember to take them out of the pile of clothes going into the dryer. :bag:

Yeah, me too. My excuse is that they're all nursing bras that I hate, so no need to treat them special.

gymnbomb
06-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Depending on how many clothes I'm washing I will either throw them in with everything else in the washer then hang to dry, or if I have enough delicates I'll wash a small load on either the "handwash" or "delicate" cycle and then hang to dry. Most of mine are VS, although I don't think I paid full price for (m)any of them, and they usually last a minimum of 3-5 years.

wendibird22
06-05-2013, 09:37 AM
lingerie bag in the regular wash with my other clothes, line dry. My washer doesn't seem to have a delicate setting (long or short cycles but nothing labeled delicate).

doberbrat
06-05-2013, 09:41 AM
I guess I'm the only heathen who throws them in the washer (in a bag) in reg cycle and then tosses into the dryer. :bag

minnie-zb
06-05-2013, 10:50 AM
I wash on cold with the Tide Total Care detergent.

My only pampering of them is to hang to dry -- never put in the dryer.

pastrygirl
06-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Lingerie bag with my other laundry, then hang to dry. I wash everything on cold/gentle spin.

gatorsmom
06-05-2013, 10:53 AM

:yeahthat: exactly. The heat from the dryer will shorten the life of the elastic (according to my mom).

kristenk
06-05-2013, 10:54 AM
I wash them in lingerie bags (I have 3 lingerie bags and I'll just divide up the bras I'm washing into the 3 bags), on the delicate cycle with Charlie's detergent and hang to dry. I'll wash with DD's tights and leotards.

gatorsmom
06-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Yeah, me too. My excuse is that they're all nursing bras that I hate, so no need to treat them special.

I always threw my nursing bras into the dryer because I didnt wear them nearly as long as my regular bras. Also they feel cleaner when they went through the dryer process .

AnnieW625
06-05-2013, 11:23 AM

:yeahthat: sometimes I will wash them by hand but I have to be in the right mood. I just wash them in the regular cycle with the cold water wash.

mypa
06-05-2013, 12:28 PM
I used to wash them by hand in the shower but after kids I bought a couple of big (and cheap) lingerie bags from Target and throw them in the wash with my regular loads then air dry. I have not noticed any difference from when I was hand washing to using the washing machine.

PunkyBoo
06-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Lingerie bag with my other laundry, then hang to dry. I wash everything on cold/gentle spin.

Me too.

hillview
06-05-2013, 02:34 PM
toss them all in the washer with the other dressier clothes Hang dry. I have several VS & Fredericks bras I like.
:yeahthat:

HonoluluMom
06-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Before DD, hand wash, hang to dry.

After DD, put in bra lingerie bag, delicate cycle, hang to dry.

athompson
06-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Thank you all:kisscheek:

lizzywednesday
06-06-2013, 09:25 AM
...The heat from the dryer will shorten the life of the elastic (according to my mom).

It will.

For a laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuao5wJ24Co

Globetrotter
06-06-2013, 03:12 PM
machine wash cold delicate/hand wash cycle
air dry