PDA

View Full Version : Completely unnecessary mommy drive-by

momm
06-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Last week when it was raining I met my mom friend in the parking lot for something that was gonna take 5 mins. Her DS and mine are two months apart, 2.9 y.o now.

She to DS:
"Helllllooo, do you like the rain?
Do you like jumping in puddles?
Does your mama stop you from jumping in puddles?
DS doesn't answerWell, I encourage my <<her DS's name>> to jump in puddles all the time! "

WTF?
No one was talking about puddles.
No one told her that I don't let my DS jump in puddles. I do let him jump in puddles, but she didn't wait for my answer. Secondly, even if I didn't I probably have my own reasons, and there's no F***ing need for her to tell MY DS what a better mom she is.

Completely unasked for, completely unnecessary. Mind your own business, "friend".

JustMe
06-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Oh, I hate this kind of thing. I have had something like this happen to me by a "friend" a couple of times. I'm thinking--excuse me, do you live with this kid? Because somehow you think you know what's best for him and that I don't? Wow, you must be really gifted.

♥ms.pacman♥
06-05-2013, 11:08 AM
she was being a beeyotch. she probably feels insecure about some aspect of her parenting so she feels like she has to passive-aggressively make herself out to be a better mom. i hate it when people do this.

gatorsmom
06-05-2013, 01:03 PM
she was being a beeyotch. she probably feels insecure about some aspect of her parenting so she feels like she has to passive-aggressively make herself out to be a better mom. i hate it when people do this.

:yeahthat: exactly. Just forget about her.

HonoluluMom
06-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Wow - your "friend" said that?!

momm
06-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Thanks!,

And I completely agree about her low self esteem as a parent...

vonfirmath
06-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Last week when it was raining I met my mom friend in the parking lot for something that was gonna take 5 mins. Her DS and mine are two months apart, 2.9 y.o now.

She to DS:
"Helllllooo, do you like the rain?
Do you like jumping in puddles?
Does your mama stop you from jumping in puddles?
DS doesn't answerWell, I encourage my <<her DS's name>> to jump in puddles all the time! "

WTF?
No one was talking about puddles.
No one told her that I don't let my DS jump in puddles. I do let him jump in puddles, but she didn't wait for my answer. Secondly, even if I didn't I probably have my own reasons, and there's no F***ing need for her to tell MY DS what a better mom she is.

Completely unasked for, completely unnecessary. Mind your own business, "friend".

You know, I'd be REAL tempted to get my son's attention and point to another puddle. "You're bothering that nice lady. Come jump in this puddle instead please"

BunnyBee
06-06-2013, 03:25 PM
"Well I'm teaching DS not to be a little asshat and splash people with mud!" :loveeyes: