PDA

View Full Version : TOWELS Needed: Camp, Pool, Beach

maydaymommy
06-05-2013, 03:08 PM
All of a sudden, I need a ton of new towels for summer stuff.

I'm disappointed that many Pottery Barn Kids towels, as well as some Lands' End kids towels, didn't hold up well.

DS1 takes at least one towel to camp every day, and ds2 needs to 3 days/ week. We also need family towels for going to the pool and for when we go to the beach.

Any recommendations for towels I can get asap at a store? Any other affordable favorites online?
(Target, Kohls, Costco, Bed Bath, etc...everything is an option locally)

I don't want to spend a lot, but I also don't want them to be too thin.

Thanks!

egoldber
06-05-2013, 03:47 PM
For this stuff, I think thin is actually better. My kids use inexpensive beach towels from Target and they have held up very well, even being laundered 2-3 times a week in the summer. These are the towels that are around $10 and often go on sale for $6/7.

SnuggleBuggles
06-05-2013, 04:30 PM
I agree- I like thin better. I used to be pretty snobby about it and have several LE towels (still in great shape, btw) but they are so bulky. The thin ones are just easier to deal with. Fwiw, we make people hang up and reuse beach/ pool towels many times before washing so we don't really own many towels anymore.

sariana
06-05-2013, 04:55 PM
If you do want some thicker ones, Costco has beach towels now. They have kids' styles (Disney I think) and general ones such as stripes.

For the towels for camp, I seriously would consider Freecycle.

essnce629
06-05-2013, 04:58 PM
I really like the Costco beach towels that are $9.99 right now. I'm pretty sure it's the Charisma line. They are striped and polka dotted. I have 2 and they are really nice-- nicer than my Lands End's ones that haven't held up.

DietCokeLover
06-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Sam's has packs of white towels in their hotel/ restaurant section. They are 8 to a pack for $22.xx. They are good quality and hold up well to lots of washes.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/white-bath-towel-25-x-54-8-pack/prod7380330.ip?mobileredirect=false

Kindra178
06-05-2013, 07:32 PM
I learned thin is better from the BBB. Best pool advice ever. Easier to carry, easier to deal with. We do Target character ones. They held up fine last summer and we will be using them again this summer.

Melbel
06-05-2013, 07:56 PM
We go through many towels in the summer for swim team and trips to the pool. Fortunately, we have towel service at the beach.

We have found that the Tommy Hilfiger/Nautica/Ralph Lauren beach towels available at TJMaxx, Homegoods or Marshalls hold up well.

We are not fans of the thin towels here.

mom2khj
06-06-2013, 07:56 AM
For kids, we've had good luck with the towels from the Disney Store.

For adults, I love the Kohl's Big Ones beach towels. We have a pool and use a LOT of towels in the summer. I swear my laundry load triples just from towels, LOL.

Twoboos
06-06-2013, 08:41 AM
Also agreeing with thin is better. And only washing pool towels like once a week.

Not sure if you're in New England or near an Ocean State Job Lot, but I got some great towels there last year to give as DD2's pool party goody bag. They have held up great and were only like $4-5.

Actually just checked the tag and they are Your Zone brand by Wal-Mart, so maybe check there.

Mikey0709
06-06-2013, 09:15 AM
ANother vote here for thin pool/beach towels - - i can't believe i ever thought thicker or plusher is better! Just more for me to carry and heavier when wet!

I have even bought some at Old navy - - that held up well.

I always look for more of a velvety texture rather than a "loop" texture side to them!