PDA

View Full Version : Kid jeans that wear well?

ahisma
06-06-2013, 12:59 AM
Are there any out there? It seems like all of DS's pants hold up well - LE, H&M, Gap, etc. His jeans...not so much. He wears them for the same purposes, probably the jeans less frequently really (because I'm sick of them!). They always fade in the knee, and sometimes along the fold lines. His Levis are the worst offenders. TCP jeans are actually holding up well, but I don't like the cut at all.

Do decent kid jeans exist?

ETA: I'd be fine with them wearing like, well....well worn jeans. These just fade at the knee and the fold lines. No softening, nothing. Just...yuck.

ellies mom
06-06-2013, 02:05 AM
I really like Crazy 8's jeans. They have a ton of different fits and they easily last through both girls with no problem. And if they don't last, they are very reasonably priced so you won't be as annoyed as you would be if you spent more.

liz
06-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Lands End jeans for my boys, but they are $$$. TCP and Crazy 8 jeans were really inexpensive when I got them on sale, but a lot of them got holes in the knees and the dark wash color COMPLETELY wore away from the knees, not faded, and now look pretty bad (they are practically white at the knees). If I were to buy TCP or Crazy 8, I would buy the lighter shades. FWIW, my kids wear jeans everyday until the warmer weather begins so they are heavily used.

ETA, I used to buy Old Navy jeans and they were awesome until I found they didn't fit my super slim boys anymore (just too big in the waist). Not sure of the quality anymore though.

1964pandora
06-06-2013, 06:45 AM
We have no problems with Gap jeans. I've even purchased them from thrift stores and have been able to donate them back to the thrift store after both of my sons have worn them.

georgiegirl
06-06-2013, 07:23 AM
DS wears holes in ALL of his gap jeans. He wears holes in ever pair of jeans he's owned in the past year. This doesn't happen to non-jeans (well it has on occasion, but not every pair like jeans.). It doesn't happen in the winter, since he's not crawling around on the concrete, but once swing hits...holes galore. I need to try some other brands, since I have no jeans to hand down to this new baby beginning at 18 months.

MommyAllison
06-06-2013, 12:08 PM
I don't think they exist. ;) DS gets holes in all of his pants, not just jeans, and once they start fading at the knees I know the hole will soon appear. We've tried a ton of different brands, Lands End was one of the first to get holes (<1 month), H&M seem to be lasting a bit longer (4 months after buying, 2 pairs have tiny holes starting, 1 is still ok). Our weather is finally settling into summer temps, thankfully. Shorts season is the only thing that makes jeans last around here.

KpbS
06-07-2013, 01:55 AM
I've had great luck with the boys jeans (Cherokee brand) from Target. They have washed well and worn well and they are very affordable at about $16 a pair. I buy the darkest blue wash and wash them inside out. Oftentimes you can find some pairs on clearance at the end of June/beginning of July.

AnnieW625
06-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Gap is my favorite, Gymboree is a close second, and because my DD1 needs slims the Old Navy boot cut slims work great, however I don't think they hold up as nicely as Gap jeans do, but then I just haven't had great luck with finding non skinny jeans at Gap that aren't regular size (at least in the fall all of the slim jeans were skinny jeans as well:shake:).

If I had boys I would probably go with Gap or Lands End, what about LL Bean?

zukeypur
06-07-2013, 03:39 PM
DD has blown through 4 of the 5 pairs of Gymboree jeans I bought her at
Christmas. They are permanently off my list. :/

sariana
06-07-2013, 04:27 PM
I've had great luck with the boys jeans (Cherokee brand) from Target. They have washed well and worn well and they are very affordable at about $16 a pair. I buy the darkest blue wash and wash them inside out. Oftentimes you can find some pairs on clearance at the end of June/beginning of July.

:yeahthat: I like the Cherokee jeans, too.

crl
06-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Ds needs slims with an adjustable waist, 'cause he's just that skinny. Gap jeans wear the best for us out of what we have tried so I stock up on those when they are in sake. Crazy 8 comes in second and I have gotten some great deals on those--price per wear has probably been best on the sale plus coupon code Crazy 8s.

Catherine

Simon
06-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Wranglers and Carhartt jeans wear very well here compared to what I consider the "mall" brands.

wallawala
06-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Maybe you just need a better patch to cover the inevitable?

http://insidenanabreadshead.com/2012/04/25/patching-knees-the-nanabread-way/

daniele_ut
06-07-2013, 08:09 PM
After trying a zillion different brands of jeans with DS1, I just buy jeans at Old Navy when they are on sale for $10. They seem to hold up pretty well for us.

stefani
06-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Crazy 8 is my favorite this past year. DS needs adjustable waist, so it is hard to find him pants.

hillview
06-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Love the LE Climber pants in denim.

Percycat
06-10-2013, 05:52 PM
How old is DS? We had the best luck with Toughskins at Sears --- they even came in slim sizes which fit DS perfectly. But, they only go up to 7x. Now we have a mix of Gap, TCP, and OshKosh -- all of which come in slim and all of which have gotten holes in the knees.

Good luck.