PDA

View Full Version : Kirkland 8qt Dutch Oven $49.97 YMMV

Melaine
06-06-2013, 06:51 AM
My mom found the Kirkland 8qt Dutch Oven at Costco for $49.97 last night. She wasn't sure that that was a sale, but I told her I was pretty sure it was clearance because of the .97 ending....am I correct?

Does anyone have any feedback on this pot or know the original price? I want a larger one but 8 seems REALLY large. I can't find it on the Costco site either. Any feedback?

legaleagle
06-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Yes, 97 is clearance. Still returnable since its Costco of course. I've read the "made in France" version is actually made by staub, but they may have a china made version too.

As for the size, I've seen it and its quite large&tall. I'm not a fan of oval pots since it don't do roasts but it should work fine for everything you'd make in a normal Dutch oven.

Melaine
06-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Yes, 97 is clearance. Still returnable since its Costco of course. I've read the "made in France" version is actually made by staub, but they may have a china made version too.

As for the size, I've seen it and its quite large&tall. I'm not a fan of oval pots since it don't do roasts but it should work fine for everything you'd make in a normal Dutch oven.

Thanks! So tempted....does anyone know regular price on this?

legaleagle
06-06-2013, 11:27 AM
I think it's around $80-100. Also it's black inside instead of white like le creuset (staub is black) - Not a bad thing, just fyi. And it's quite heavy as you would expect.

If they had a round 8 qt I would have snapped it up but I know oval would annoy me, and I have quite the le creuset collection already.

AnnieW625
06-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks! I will have to take a look at it. I need a big cast iron pot for soups.

sewarsh
06-06-2013, 03:13 PM
I have it in red outside/black inside. its BIG and HEAVY. and an excellent pot. I've loved cooking in it. It was $80 originally.