PDA

View Full Version : Is corned beef a "deli meat"?

TwoBees
06-06-2013, 12:58 PM
DH is stopping by a deli and wants to bring me my favorite corned beef sandwich. Is this considered "deli meat" and have the risk for listeria like other deli meats? Oh goodness how I want this sandwich.

amom526
06-06-2013, 02:57 PM
I would heat it up before eating it.

I hope that doesn't ruin it for you...I always crave deli when pregnant, and smoked salmon....

TwoBees
06-06-2013, 03:05 PM
I would heat it up before eating it.

I hope that doesn't ruin it for you...I always crave deli when pregnant, and smoked salmon....

I decided the salt probably isn't a good idea, so I opted for roast beef (heated up) instead.

A bit of a bummer though. Oh well.

megs4413
06-06-2013, 03:18 PM
I can't stop craving turkey sandwiches and tuna salad. it's so frustrating not to be able to eat it. I'm still struggling to eat at all, so when I want something, it's great, but why must it be stuff i'm not supposed to have?

georgiegirl
06-06-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm bad and just eat whatever I want during pregnancy, including raw milk and blue cheeses and sushi with raw fish. I figure women in Europe just eat whatever cheese they were eating before and Japanese women still eat sushi. I did the same when I was pregnant with DS.

jjordan
06-06-2013, 09:21 PM
I eat deli meat when pregnant.

BunnyBee
06-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Does the deli cook the corned beef and slice it there? I believe the packaged, processed deli meat is the problem. Real, freshly cooked meat that happens to be sliced up shouldn't be a problem. Or heat deli deli meat to steaming before making the sandwich.