PDA

View Full Version : How do you store your cream cheese?

okinawama
06-07-2013, 03:38 PM
DS1 eats a bagel with cream cheese almost every morning. It's nice and easy, but man alive, the cream cheese storage drives me batty. If I leave it in the wrapper the ends dry out and get all weird and crumbly but I have no idea what to store it in. Any ideas?

BDKmom
06-07-2013, 03:42 PM
We buy the tubs with a lid. You could try unwrapping it and putting it in a plastic container with a lid.

sariana
06-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Keep it in its wrapper and put the whole thing in a plastic airtight container. That has worked well for me.

♥ms.pacman♥
06-07-2013, 05:20 PM
We buy the tubs with a lid.

:yeahthat:

i only buy the wrapped bricks if i am going to use it all for a recipe.

edurnemk
06-07-2013, 06:15 PM
We buy the tubs with a lid. You could try unwrapping it and putting it in a plastic container with a lid.

i only buy the wrapped bricks if i am going to use it all for a recipe.

okinawama
06-07-2013, 09:03 PM
I clearly have been living under a rock. I thought those tubs only came in the flavored options...clearly not. Thanks for enlightening me. I'll be looking for the tub versions of plain cream cheese!

tg_canada
06-07-2013, 09:38 PM
If we buy a brick, we put it in a GlassLock container.

BDKmom
06-07-2013, 09:51 PM
I clearly have been living under a rock. I thought those tubs only came in the flavored options...clearly not. Thanks for enlightening me. I'll be looking for the tub versions of plain cream cheese!

Good thing you asked, then! We are here to make your life easier :wink2: I could see how you wouldn't even look if you thought it was only the flavored kind. We have gotten into English muffins recently, so I have taken to buying the bigger tubs. So convenient.

KrisM
06-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Keep it in its wrapper and put the whole thing in a plastic airtight container. That has worked well for me.

This is what I do. I don't like the consistency of the cream cheese in the tubs.

nupe
06-08-2013, 07:26 AM
I love the Raska's that I get at Costco. Once I open the block (used to come in large blocks), I cut off a section and put it into Lock & Lock or similar container. Same for the Raska's that comes wrapped. I put the opened foil wrapped cc into a lock & lock.