PDA

View Full Version : which cd to pick? starting at 10 months

ehmom
06-08-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm looking for help picking which cd to try with a 10 month old. We are moving out of the country where sposies will be available, but very expensive. I will be able to get them for traveling or maybe for overnight if i need them, but will primarily be using cds.

I have only used sposies with my three older children....so i am a complete newbie!. I will most likely not have access to a washer or dryer, but will have house help that can help with the laundry.

I am thinking about either FuzziBuns or BumGenius pockets as that seems the easiest. Any advice? Would AIOs be better?

sntm
06-08-2013, 05:39 PM
I love the rumparooz pockets - the easiest to use IMO

maybeebaby08
06-08-2013, 05:47 PM
I think you would like Hybrids, you can use disposable inserts if you're traveling, and add extra layers for overnight protection. I use Flips and really like them they're trim and absorbant.

abh5e8
06-08-2013, 06:16 PM
you may want to stick with natural fabrics...the microfiber can be harder to clean, especailly with no washer and dryer. i'd try a pocket diaper (we love bum genius OS pockets) but then get flat diapers to stuff the pockets with. the flats will be super easy to wash and dry (and the laundry help could easily fold the flats and stuff the pockets for you).

i'd stay away from AIO type diapers, as they are usually super thick and thus take a really long time in a washing machine and dryer to get clean/dry.

at 10 months, i'd still want a stash of at least 18 diapers...24 would be awesome if you can do that (but i know the BG pockets are expensive). and go for the snaps - much harder for a toddler to take off themselves and they last better then the velcro (aplix).

mikala
06-08-2013, 10:15 PM
I agree with the rec for natural fibers. I love my fuzzibunz and bumGenius pockets but the microfiber care can be a pain. You have to be careful about detergent type and they are sensitive to water quality or hardness.

I'd look at prefolds and covers or a hybrid system like flips or Best Bottoms.

ehmom
06-10-2013, 09:28 PM
see i knew i would get great advice here :)
i actually found a local lady who sells all kinds of cds from her front room. it is like a little store. she has all of the brands you all have mentioned, so i'm going to check them out this week.
thanks!!