PDA

View Full Version : How are Toms holding up on your kids?

okinawama
06-08-2013, 05:17 PM
I purchased 2 pairs of Toms for my 1.5 & 3.5 year old boys a little while back, and within 10 weeks, DS1 had a giant hole in the toe and DS2 had a worn spot that turned into a smallish hole about a month later. I love the look and breathability of Toms, but they looked SO shabby in such a short time. I so badly wanted to get on the zulily deal when they came around, but couldn't bite the bullet knowing how our first experience went.

So now that the zulily deal was a bit ago, how are they wearing on your LO's? I'm SO hoping that it was a fluke and if I were to purchase pairs for my little guys this summer, they'd hold up better. I can't spend 35-45 dollars on a pair of shoes and have them shred weeks later....

YouAreTheFocus
06-08-2013, 06:07 PM
We tried them about a yr ago, DS was 2.5. The first pair ripped within a week of buying. We exchanged them for a new pair and those ripped within a month. The associate advised us that they are not meant to be played in. After that we gave up.

While the "one for one" is a wonderful idea, I wish they could provide a better product. If the shoes last a month on my kid, how are they holding up in less developed areas?

LMPC
06-08-2013, 07:24 PM
In less developed areas, my guess is that the shoes are worn to school and then taken off when they get home. Just my guess.

DD has had several pair of Toms and they have held up great. She doesn't wear them to the playground...I don't think they provide enough support or protection. But she routinely wears them to the mall, grocery store, and out to eat. She hasn't ever worn a hole in them. Is it possible that your DC drags her feet....no snark, I swear! But since they are cloth, I can imagine that repetitive friction would wear them out pretty quickly.

They are super cute and comfy, and I love the One for One idea.

maybeebaby08
06-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Ours looked horrible after a few days of wear. DD1 loves them and still wears them all the time but I'm disappointed with them, and the price we paid for them on Zulily. I wouldn't buy again and am considering selling the other pairs I got on Zulily.

novmber
06-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Toms were destroyed by one of my daughters

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

okinawama
06-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Is it possible that your DC drags her feet....no snark, I swear! But since they are cloth, I can imagine that repetitive friction would wear them out pretty quickly.

When I saw that he was quickly wearing out the toes, I watched for this, and I was shocked that he doesn't drag his feet. I thought for sure ( and almost hoped )that was the culprit behind the fact that they were falling apart so quickly.

It sounds like it's not a fluke, and when worn as an everyday shoe, they fall apart very quickly. What a bummer.

Beth24
06-09-2013, 11:18 AM
It's not a fluke. My DD is 10 and has two pair wear out in the toes and get holes there within a few weeks. She also has a smelly feet problem so I trashed here. I won't buy them again.

Globetrotter
06-09-2013, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't get Toms for kids! They are too fragile.

Nooknookmom
06-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Horrid. Had one pair and they lasted 2 months-BARELY. I couldn't take them back bc DD and I had the same pair and she cried. So I had to Gorilla glue the sole back onto the front of the shoe.

NOT happy.

AnnieW625
06-10-2013, 11:37 AM
My DD1 wants some really bad, but I won't buy them for her because for the price I haven't heard of them holding up all that well.

kep
06-10-2013, 11:58 AM
I guess we are the outlier here. DD has had a pair since last August, has worn them almost daily since then. She's worn them everywhere, including preschool, the playground, playing outside, store, etc. After months and months of wear, she finally wore a hole in the toe last month. I didn't really care though, since she had outgrown them anyway. They have worn fantastically. We just bought another pair for her, as well as her big brother. They are wearing well too. We love Toms here!

Mommy_Again
06-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Well, I bought a pair of ballet flats for myself and was so disappointed at how quickly they wore out. Granted, I wore them a lot - 3-4 says/week at least, but just normal walking around stuff. It's not like I'm running around on the playground, ykwim? Within a few months there were holes/shredding under the toe and heel. I absolutely loved the shoe, so I was really bummed about it. I usually buy my shoes at Marshall's/TJ Maxx, so $80+ for a pair of every day shoes was a big splurge for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk