PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for NARROW feet??

maestramommy
06-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Well, this is the year that I suddenly start having trouble buying shoes for DD1. She has really narrow feet and it was never a problem when buying dress shoes and sandals from Target or Payless. But now she is at size 12-12.5, and so growing out of the toddler sizes. I took her to Marshall's and Kohl's, and the problem was there are no toddler sandals in her size. The girls' sandals are all way too old in style (too high in heel, too trendy not to her taste), and even the ones she tried on are just too roomy everywhere. Today I took her to Payless and they are all just too roomy in the ankle, or around the toes. Same with CP. Finally ended up with pink glittery flip flops from ON. These are supposed to be her "summer sandals" that she wears to church or some occasion that requires a nice dress. Not my preference, but I was running out of ideas, and we both didn't have energy to go to another mall so I could try Stride Rite.

If you have a DD with narrow feet, where do you buy dress shoes and sandals? That don't like they should be worn by teenagers?

novmber
06-08-2013, 10:29 PM
We have the saltwater sweetheart style with adjustable buckles on top of foot and ankle

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

fedoragirl
06-09-2013, 05:45 PM
DD has slightly narrow feet and I have always put See Kai Run sandals on her. I know they run wide but they seem to fit DD the best. This is the first year I couldn't stomach the full price so I bought Stride Rite Amelia sandals and they are doing very well. Her foot doesn't slide around in these sandas.
FWIW, I only buy closed toe sandals. DD is currently an 11. I have already started stalking SKR for bigger sized shoes and they do make them. They are currently having a 30% sale on some shoes.
I tried Born, Lands End, Livie and Luca and they all were too wide and had the same issues as you describe.

westwoodmom04
06-09-2013, 05:49 PM
We do jumping jacks narrow or nina or kenneth cole (regular in these sizes run narrow).

For sneakers, nikes run narrow. Lands End sometimes works

twodogs
06-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Primigi runs narrow in sandals and Mary Janes. Birkis sandals by Birkenstock are very adjustable and come in narrow.

7pages
06-10-2013, 08:44 AM
We do the salt water sandals too. We have had both of these styles:

http://www.zappos.com/salt-water-sandal-by-hoy-shoes-sun-san-sweetheart-infant-toddler-youth-silver

http://www.zappos.com/salt-water-sandal-by-hoy-shoes-sun-san-swimmer-infant-toddler-youth-white

We always buy white and this year I bought silver. I was not happy with the silver bc the color is wearing off! But love the sandals!

I also just bought my daughter these sandals. They come in narrow and are really cute. Fully adjustable velcro. They have a few color choices.

http://www.zappos.com/jumping-jacks-kids-bouquet-toddler-youth-soft-gold-silver

TwoBees
06-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Stride Rite has a lot of styles that run nice and narrow.

robinsmommy
06-11-2013, 11:00 AM
We get most of ours at the Rack - lots of variety to try on, though there is less selection now than a few years ago. I think the big thing that helps DD1 is to have ones that adjust with velcro, buckle or whatever at the front and back both. Good padding around the ankle also helps with narrow feet.

Oddly, there are some that just can't be adjusted small enough.