PDA

View Full Version : Gifts for 4 yo twin girls

123LuckyMom
06-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Does anyone have suggestions for twin gifts? My DS has been invited to a party for twin girls, and I want to get each girl a gift without creating jealousy. Any ideas? I'd get personalized stuff, but the party is this weekend, so there isn't time.

Melaine
06-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Identical gifts are always appreciated. MY girls loved their pillow pets at that age but they may have them already. Other ideas are two different board games, art supplies, two different puzzles, different colors of the same toy.

123LuckyMom
06-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Okay, so identical is good! I really wasn't sure about that.

Melaine
06-11-2013, 08:21 AM
I was kind of in a rush when I posted....does your DS know the girls very well? My girls are pretty competitive and that isn't always the case with twins that age. I know that some kids are ok with receiving different gifts, for us we do have a TON of identical doubles of toys and even some books and games. It was just easier for me to have the same. And when it's gift time, it's nerve-wracking with twins opening gifts because you always run the risk of a meltdown (just like with any kid...but the stakes are higher with twins!). So I say identical is a safe bet. As a mom of twins, I don't expect people to spend double the money though. I expect and hope that people will find smaller/cheaper gifts to soften the blow financially! Two identical bottles of bubbles would be better received than one very nice toy to share IMO.

mikeys_mom
06-11-2013, 10:48 AM
I was kind of in a rush when I posted....does your DS know the girls very well? My girls are pretty competitive and that isn't always the case with twins that age. I know that some kids are ok with receiving different gifts, for us we do have a TON of identical doubles of toys and even some books and games. It was just easier for me to have the same. And when it's gift time, it's nerve-wracking with twins opening gifts because you always run the risk of a meltdown (just like with any kid...but the stakes are higher with twins!). So I say identical is a safe bet. As a mom of twins, I don't expect people to spend double the money though. I expect and hope that people will find smaller/cheaper gifts to soften the blow financially! Two identical bottles of bubbles would be better received than one very nice toy to share IMO.

This pretty much sums up my twins as well. The best gifts for them are two identical craft sets. Sticky Mosaics is their favorite right now but they would be equally happy with anything they can draw on or decorate.

123LuckyMom
06-11-2013, 11:04 AM
I had an idea. DS is home sick, and right now, we're watching one of the DVD's from his collection of 100 storybook classics. It's put out by Scholastic, and it's multiple DVDs with classic stories from books using the illustrations from the books and with read-along subtitles at the bottom of the screen. DS loves them!

I know the twins' moms don't mind screen time. Both twins have iPads. Do you think it would be okay to get them a DVD collection like that? I'd get them the 50 story one. It would be one gift to share, but it has probably ten DVDs. What do you think?

Melaine
06-11-2013, 11:35 AM
I had an idea. DS is home sick, and right now, we're watching one of the DVD's from his collection of 100 storybook classics. It's put out by Scholastic, and it's multiple DVDs with classic stories from books using the illustrations from the books and with read-along subtitles at the bottom of the screen. DS loves them!

I know the twins' moms don't mind screen time. Both twins have iPads. Do you think it would be okay to get them a DVD collection like that? I'd get them the 50 story one. It would be one gift to share, but it has probably ten DVDs. What do you think?

For us, I think that would be great.

123LuckyMom
06-11-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm going to pull the trigger. I know the girls will love the videos! I hope it will be okay that it's only one official gift.