PDA

View Full Version : Just sad

BabbyO
06-11-2013, 03:04 PM
As I posted in the Lounge - we just found out that my kids' favorite play place is closing this Saturday. I am SO, SO sad. The place was actually doing very well, but they were presented with a very expensive extended (yearly) lease option this Jan. They opted to stay with the month to month and the Landlord just kicked them out.

The owner has looked into relocating, but the renovation expenses are about $1M to renovate a space the size and standards they need.

I'm just so sad and sick about this whole thing. It isn't anyone's fault, but I'm angry, too. I'm angry because Peanut won't get to spend at much time here as his brother did. I'm sick because Stachio was really starting to enjoy some of the bigger things. I'm mad because I wanted to surprise him with a birthday party there.

I want to pick up this place that has been a BIG part of my kids' lives and rescue it, and I'm completely helpless to do it.

Just Arrg!!!

elephantmeg
06-11-2013, 10:25 PM
argh indeed! I'm sorry! :(

♥ms.pacman♥
06-11-2013, 10:42 PM
oh no, that stinks. :hug: I understand the feeling of wanting something that was a part of your DC's childhood to be around forever. also i know i would feel so sad for the company owners having to deal with the end of their business.

when i was growing up in CA we used to visit this sorta famous historic train ride (that's been around for over 100 years) located in a very small town about 2 hrs drive away from us. My younger brother liked trains and he woudl get so excited to ride it..we would often make it a full weekend trip as it was a bit far. NOw that my DS is totally obsessed with trains i couldn't wait to take him there on a future trip to CA (we go often to visit my hometown/family). However, the other day i found out that one of the tunnels the train passed through recently collapsed, and so they basically had to shut 95% of it down. It is looking like the rail owners cannot afford to remove all the rock and get the tunnel fixed..so it may completely shut down permanently. :( the town is totally losing money too because all tourism to visit and ride this historic train (hotel stays, etc) was one of their main source of income, especially during the summer. I was so heartbroken when i found this out...i had been totally wanting to take the kids on this and now i may never get the chance. So yeah, i totally get the sadness over something like this, and the disappointment of not being able to do something with the kids that you really were looking forward to. Really stinks and I"m so sorry! :(