PDA

View Full Version : Barrettes that don't slip out?

acmom
06-12-2013, 02:18 PM
DD (4.5) usually wears a barrette in her hair, either just pulling back a little from her face while the rest of her hair is down, or holding back the front hair from falling out when her hair is in a ponytail. She has long hair, not particularly thin or thick.

We have been using several styles of little girls goody barrettes from Target, drugstore etc., but they are constantly slipping now. It's driving both of us nuts!

Anyone have any recommendations for a barrette that would hold better? thanks!

cagey
06-12-2013, 03:17 PM
we've had luck with some from Goody that metal with 'alligator teeth'. Fortunately or not, they're glitter, but don't shed. We found a card of 6 at Target (silver, hot pink and purple) for about $5. These things are serious clips and don't move much, even wth heavy hair

fedoragirl
06-12-2013, 03:46 PM
DD (4.5) usually wears a barrette in her hair, either just pulling back a little from her face while the rest of her hair is down, or holding back the front hair from falling out when her hair is in a ponytail. She has long hair, not particularly thin or thick.

We have been using several styles of little girls goody barrettes from Target, drugstore etc., but they are constantly slipping now. It's driving both of us nuts!

Anyone have any recommendations for a barrette that would hold better? thanks!

All the barettes/bows I have ordered from Etsy have held up very well. You can request extra anti-slip material and they add it without charge.

Nooknookmom
06-13-2013, 02:15 AM
We have used hanna bows exclusively for a few years bc of DD's fine hair. They hold up like iron.

I wait till they r on sale!

PMJ
06-13-2013, 11:28 AM
I have made a few bows w/ alligator clips attached, and I add a thin rubber strip w/hot glue gun, and it seems to help. (The stuff you use in your kitchen drawers to avoid the slip - those things).

You probably have some sitting around, you could cut a small strip and hot glue it to the clips for your DD.

GL!