PDA

View Full Version : Revised thoughts on B-Ready

bisous
06-12-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm keeping it.

I like it as a single, A LOT. I know there are lots of complaints that it is big and that is certainly true! But we do a lot of suburban California strolling and it hasn't been too big for any of the places I've needed to take it so far. I like the features. I like how high the seat is. I like how I can recline it easily, or reverse it and put the foot rest up and down. I LOVE the big easy to use basket. I finally have a fix for grocery shopping! DS3 is SUCH a pill in the grocery store but I've found I can keep him seated in the B-ready and fill the basket up and use that instead of a shopping cart! I also really love it in my Honda Odyssey. Right now, I remove the seat and set it in one half of the trunk space. Then I easily fold the frame and put it on the other side. I like how I don't really have to bend in half to get it done and while it is heavy, I am not lifting it very high. It fits compactly and doesn't scratch the seat or the door!

As a double, I do like the functionality. It could never be my outside double. Not as long as my MBUD is still functioning. There is really no comparison. But DS2 (who is really too old to stroll but still will) loves the lower seat. I'm hoping I can persuade DS3 to sit down there when my new DC4 comes in November! I'm NOT good at the fold yet, but I haven't really practiced it. If I can get the fold with the second seat on, (while removing the first seat as I'm doing now) I really think it will be the most convenient double for me and my family.

I LOVE how easily the stroller converts. I'm glad I can use it with one kid or two. I like its looks and how it functions from day to day.

Definitely a keeper. Just thought I'd let you know!

ebp913
06-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Glad to hear it!!! Mine is coming on Friday! It's for my mom's house in So Cal as well so I think it'll be a good fit for the types of things we do there.

I convinced her to send it to me so I can test it out and then I will fly it out to Cali when we come next. Basically I just bought myself a 3 month trial period which is awesome because I really need a convertible for myself and now I get a free rental on her B-Ready.

AngB
06-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Glad you like it! I do think it is a stroller that grows on you, or it did me. I always leave the second seat on but take the top one off usually when putting it in the car, that works easily enough for us.

kep
06-15-2013, 11:49 AM
It definately is a quality stroller. I was very impressed. I really wished it had worked out for our family. I just ran across this old pic of the baby in our BR. :love-retry:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/kellip/9891CED5-93FC-4537-8C9A-2C919145F249-3096-00000250BA3D44E6_zpsa1cb8a70.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/kellip/6712CB53-A369-4107-90F7-9291DB6B98A4-3096-00000250C277AD29_zpsaab44fa7.jpg

I LOVED how the seat fit him. So comfy!

ebp913
06-17-2013, 09:57 AM
I got mine on Friday and played with it in the house over the weekend before finally taking it to Target yesterday. My first thought was, holy cow, this thing is giant! But it feels very well made and very sturdy. My husband was pushing and pulling on the handle and not one tiny bit of tippiness. I think it's a really nice convertible and the push is excellent. I was pushing it around Target with one hand with ease. I agree with Bisous that I think it's one of those strollers that has to grow on you. I love that I can fold it with the second seat attached and I love that reversing the top seat is so easy.

So far so good! I'm excited to try it out more!

BabyBearsMom
06-17-2013, 10:23 AM
I fold it with the second seat on and it is really easy (I keep the main seat on it too and just fold it as one unit). THe trick is that you need to get the second seat in all the way. This means you have to recline it with the handleon the back (where the child's head would be) and then using two hands to push the little latches that slides the seat all the way up. Then just fold it normally and it will fold down fairly flat. It is easy-peasy once you get used to it. We are probably going to sell ours this fall. DD1 is big enough to walk and we are done with babies.

LW804
06-17-2013, 03:13 PM
I just purchased our B-Ready & B-Safe (Free Ride Event--yay!), plus the bassinet and the second seat. DD1 is 2.5 and does prefer to walk, but DD2 is due in a month and I want to be able to have them both in the stroller if needed but also to take DD2 out on her own. Hoping I love it! Sad to sell our Cruz, though :( I just didn't want to be stranded with a single stroller if I really needed to have DD1 sitting... plus I figured the push would be a lot better! Ordered in Twilight... Can't wait!

ECUPirateMom
06-17-2013, 04:43 PM
I just purchased our B-Ready & B-Safe (Free Ride Event--yay!), plus the bassinet and the second seat. DD1 is 2.5 and does prefer to walk, but DD2 is due in a month and I want to be able to have them both in the stroller if needed but also to take DD2 out on her own. Hoping I love it! Sad to sell our Cruz, though :( I just didn't want to be stranded with a single stroller if I really needed to have DD1 sitting... plus I figured the push would be a lot better! Ordered in Twilight... Can't wait!

We are in the EXACT same situation! DD is 2.5 and does ride but only when I need her to! I also have the Cruz which hubby wants me to sell but I'm having trouble letting it go (even though I've never really been in love with it) because I want a singles option down the road that isn't so big and bulky. My conundrum now is whether to get the second seat or the lower carseat adapter (or both)? I want a snap and go option for quick trips with the carseat and will also need a way to strap older DD in if need be. Anyone have any insight?

AngB
06-21-2013, 07:04 PM
We are in the EXACT same situation! DD is 2.5 and does ride but only when I need her to! I also have the Cruz which hubby wants me to sell but I'm having trouble letting it go (even though I've never really been in love with it) because I want a singles option down the road that isn't so big and bulky. My conundrum now is whether to get the second seat or the lower carseat adapter (or both)? I want a snap and go option for quick trips with the carseat and will also need a way to strap older DD in if need be. Anyone have any insight?

We have been fine with putting ds1 on bottom ans ds2 in the car seat with the adapter on top. I like the top adapter but doubt we would have used the lower adapter much. Ds1 is a big 2 yo and fits fine with the car seat on top though he does like to tickle the baby's toes when I have them like that. Alsohim its nice having the baby up higher and facing me when we are somewhere with lots of toddlers running around like library story time. I wouldn't want him on bottom for that!

LW804
06-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Question: Finally assembled our B-Ready and trying out different configurations. I have the lower adapter on with the B-Safe seat parent-facing, but the toddler seat (forward facing) won't snap into place! What am I doing wrong? I want to be able to face baby toward me and am fine with my toddler facing out--I know its a possible configuration but I don't know why its not working... :(

OK, hubby came home and figured it out, I think by putting the carseat handle all the way down into the basket... still a tight squeeze, though, but it seems to work. Hope it gets easier!

ECUPirateMom
06-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Gah! I'm still torn about whether to get the second seat or the lower carseat adapter (at least in the beginning)!! I don't know if DD2 (2.5) will want to ride in the lower seat (with baby up top) but I also don't know if I will love having the baby so close to the ground! Also seems like having the carseat down low might get in the way when walking (I'm fairly tall and have a long stride). LW804 let me know how the lower carseat adapter seems to be working out for you!