PDA

View Full Version : S/o rec your video monitor

ShanaMama
06-12-2013, 07:42 PM
The other thread got me thinking that this is something I could really use. Maybe it will actually tip the scale to get DS to sleep in his crib.
So, tell me about yours. Brand, price, love or hate. I've never heard of the two way version a pp mentioned but being able to soothe baby with my voice without going in the room would be priceless. Does yours have that option?

twotimesblue
06-12-2013, 07:53 PM
We have the Summer Infant Baby Touch - can't recommend it highly enough!

specialp
06-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Motorolla and love it. It is the thing DH says was the best purchase we made. It is $179 now on amazon, but I didn't pay that. I think I had a couple of discounts (amazon mom event + registry completion.) Would have though.

marymoo86
06-12-2013, 08:20 PM
I have the Lorex live snap and it has the two way communication and ability to take pics :). It has been great.

However, if it were to go kaput when #2 arrives I would just get the Foscam IP camera and hook up to our network.

acmom
06-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Motorolla and love it. It is the thing DH says was the best purchase we made. It is $179 now on amazon, but I didn't pay that. I think I had a couple of discounts (amazon mom event + registry completion.) Would have though.

:yeahthat:

oneontheway
06-12-2013, 08:55 PM

Love this! You can talk to baby, play music remotely and pan the camera up, down, left and right remotely. I love this feauture. Makes install almost anyway/where a piece of cake. You can also move from camera to camera if you have more than one.

jam224
06-13-2013, 12:31 AM
I'm interested in getting a Foscam. My neighbor says it has the "voice of God" feature. ;) The picture is really clear and I love that I would be able to view it on both my iPad and Android phone. That can also be a con though, if you want to leave it with a babysitter. They would need access to a computer/tablet/smartphone while you're not at home.

I have one friend who has a Summer Infant and another who has a Motorola. They both rave about them.

KonzaPrairie
06-13-2013, 06:12 AM
For DD1 I bought the new (at the time) Angelcare video/sound/movement monitor. Loved it! Worth every penny and one of my favorite baby purchases. Probably not the best quality video but good enough I can tell if she's talking/yelling in her sleep or actually awake. Sound is good, and it has a 'mike' feature that you can turn on to only pick up sudden sounds, or leave it off to pick up every sound.

For the new baby, I will use the Angelcare device with her and probably get a Foscam for my toddler to minimize the number of devices at my bedside. I am absolutely not ready to give up the video monitor feature and DD1 will be two when DD2 is born.

For those of you on the fence about a video monitor, once you have one I don't see how you can go back!

cookiemonster80
06-13-2013, 07:23 AM
We have this one- it's not a baby monitor, but works great. We have 2 cameras for each room and view it on the same monitor. Both sets of parents have it as well.
http://www.amazon.com/Uniden-UDW10003-Wireless-Surveillance-Portable/dp/B002KFZSJQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371122513&sr=8-1&keywords=uniden+video+monitor

specialp
06-13-2013, 07:28 AM
I'm interested in getting a Foscam. My neighbor says it has the "voice of God" feature. ;) The picture is really clear and I love that I would be able to view it on both my iPad and Android phone. That can also be a con though, if you want to leave it with a babysitter.

Do you know if there is a delay with the foscam? I also have a similar camera, but not foscam, which we view on our cellphones. We bought it for another purpose and I have seen people discuss using it in lieu of a baby monitor, but it has a delay. The picture is great, but it freezes a frame so you see that, then a few seconds later freezes another frame and I wouldn't feel comfortable using that as a baby camera. I'm wondering if the foscam would be better.

oneontheway
06-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Just saw the foscom is on groupon for $65.

ShanaMama
06-13-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm interested in getting a Foscam. My neighbor says it has the "voice of God" feature. ;) The picture is really clear and I love that I would be able to view it on both my iPad and Android phone. That can also be a con though, if you want to leave it with a babysitter. They would need access to a computer/tablet/smartphone while you're not at home.

I have one friend who has a Summer Infant and another who has a Motorola. They both rave about them.

This might be a dumb question. Are you concerned about getting hacked? If you can view it on your iPad & phone then it's using wifi, right?

jam224
06-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Do you know if there is a delay with the foscam? I also have a similar camera, but not foscam, which we view on our cellphones. We bought it for another purpose and I have seen people discuss using it in lieu of a baby monitor, but it has a delay. The picture is great, but it freezes a frame so you see that, then a few seconds later freezes another frame and I wouldn't feel comfortable using that as a baby camera. I'm wondering if the foscam would be better.

I don't have first-hand experience as I don't actually own one yet, but from what I saw, the video seemed to be streaming with no delay.

Just saw the foscom is on groupon for $65.

Thanks so much for posting! I was all set to buy one, but then discovered that the one on Groupon is the older model, so I decided to pass on the deal. Thanks again anyway!

This might be a dumb question. Are you concerned about getting hacked? If you can view it on your iPad & phone then it's using wifi, right?

Totally not a dumb question! That was my concern too. My understanding is that it's very secure. Something along the lines of needing a password to access it. Again, I can't speak from experience, but I'm definitely curious enough to give it a shot!