PDA

View Full Version : The hospital bag...

todzwife
06-12-2013, 11:56 PM
When do you pack yours? Whats in it?

Tondi G
06-13-2013, 01:29 AM
I packed mine about a month before my EDD.

Clothing Tshirts/tanks/yoga pants/PJ pants/hoodie
Nursing bras
nursing pads
nipple cream
maxi pads
hair rubber bands
slippers
boppy pillow
my own pillow for sleeping
Lotion (for me and for baby ... my little ones were both SUPER dry, especially on their feet/ankles)
toiletries
Camera
Chargers for phones/camera/Kindle
Clothes for baby
diapers for baby

scrooks
06-13-2013, 08:06 AM
I was just wondering when I need to get mine ready! I will be watching this post! I think it still seems a bit early. Fwiw I don't take much because I tend to wear the hospital gown etc ( easier and more comfortable for me after csections). Flip flops and or slippers come to mind as important. My personal toiletries along with a going home outfit for baby ( and me!). I think I did bring my boppy and my own sleeping pillow but I dont bring any diapers or anything else for baby really. I use what the hospital provides. In fact I think we typically have been sent home with diapers (in the hospital once a bag of diapers is open its yours ... They will toss it if you don't take it with you.)

specialp
06-13-2013, 08:21 AM
I had a history of preterm labor so I had my bag only done very early. The rest was done by 35 weeks.

SnuggleBuggles
06-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Dark robe
Change of shirts for dh
Something I could wear in water
Extra tank top
Hand held fan
Music
Camera
Birth plan
Snacks
Clothes to wear home
Clothes for baby
Page of baby book for footprints

Eta- ds2 was a birth center birth so home less than 8 hours post birth. I took a shower there but didn't need to entertain guests or anything. Went home and slept!

bostonsmama
06-13-2013, 01:17 PM
How early can you really pack all of that stuff? Makeup, blowdryer and flat iron, camera, card/charger, pillows? I use all of that stuff every day. It was amazing how little I needed and how much went unused...esp stuff like magazines/books! LOL

My hospital provided a toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, lotion, floss, a razor and men's cream, a comb, witchhazel wipes, mesh underware, pads, diapers, wipes, plenty of pillows to position baby for nursing, a hat, onsie and lots of receiving blankets for baby, a nasal suction bulb, and filtered water with ice--PLUS a community fridge of milk, chocolate milk, apple juice, orange juice, saltines and graham crackers for when the sending kitchen was closed.

I couldn't think of a single thing I needed except for my blowdryer, camera and hair ties (that the hospital did not have to lend out). We did get footprints on the baby book page we brought, but they also had a nice commemorative hospital cardstock/annoucement that they put baby's footprints on, too!

megs4413
06-13-2013, 01:38 PM
I have a history of PTL, but I pack mine at around 34-36 weeks.

For mom:
labor comfort items (like a focus object, iPod, tennis ball, etc)
comfortable pajamas
nursing accessories (like bra or in my case, hands free pumping set)
toiletries
baby book
clothes to wear home (usually yoga pants and a tshirt....hoodie if needed)

For Baby:
-lovie
-two homecoming outfits (because invariably baby will puke or poop or otherwise soil the one you wanted them to wear)
-blanky to make crib in nursery easy to identify for visitors

todzwife
06-14-2013, 10:50 PM
I have a travel size blow dryer and curling iron. I bought new makeup (I'll be needing it about that time anyway), I bought a new waffle weave robe and pj's and a cheap pair of flip flops...

I'm packed! Granny panties, pads, nursing pads, an outfit to wear home, pj's, robe, flip flops, socks, makeup, blow dryer, curling iron, toiletries, hair ties...