PDA

View Full Version : For those early in pregnancy...do you ever feel not pregnant?

TwoBees
06-13-2013, 09:46 PM
I suppose this is silly, but some days I wonder if I am still pregnant. I no longer have morning sickness or severe reflux and my energy is coming back (I'm not complaining!), but I'm not yet showing and I can't feel the baby. There's nothing there to reassure me that I'm still pregnant! Some days I feel like peeing on a stick just to have that tangible proof. :(

Nemesia
06-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Yes, I felt like this quite a bit, and my friends reassured me that they had these feelings too.

DualvansMommy
06-13-2013, 10:45 PM
I can sympathize with you! I'm in the same boat, pretty strange to feel as if I'm not pregnant...

With my first, I was nauseous constantly from 6 weeks on. So that feeling kept reminding me I'm very much pregnant along with sore boobs. This one at almost 9 weeks, zilch, nothing! I'm only tired....but I contribute it to chasing after a 2 year old toddler though.

Cate

Liziz
06-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Oh yes, I definitely remember feeling exactly like that!

boogiemomz
06-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Yep, 9 weeks now and I have days when I feel pretty much normal. Dry heaving after breakfast this morning was very reassuring! :thumbsup: But really, I totally relate to how you're feeling. I had my u/s 2 weeks ago and everything looked fine, then I had a nurse visit yesterday at my new OB (transferred from fertility clinic) for blood draws and urine sample, but nothing else. It felt so weird and frustrating to go to the clinic and not get any reassurance that I'm still pregnant! Like I just went and told them I'm pregnant and they totally took my word for it! In these early weeks when m/c is relatively more of a possibility, seems like they would want to check more often!

Dream
06-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Yes, I felt like this up until I started showing. I never had morning sickness and every day was like a regular day.

mom3boys
06-14-2013, 09:46 AM
With DS1 and 2 I had very little morning sickness and yes, I guess I was tired, but when pg with DS1 I worked crazy hours and with DS2 I was in a full time PhD program and had a 1 year old, of course I was tired. There were plenty of days I did not feel pregnant.

Actually, after I got the BFP for DS2, I didn't go into the OB for about 2.5 weeks or more after the positive test--I mean, I'd been through it before and there seemed no point to go early. I actually POAS again the day before the appt to make sure I was still pregnant, like just in case I had a MC without knowing it (which, how in the world would that happen!). That's how not pregnant I felt.

bostonsmama
06-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Errr...I have a fetal doppler. Every 3-4 days I go searchin' for baby b/c this is pg#7...and my track record sucks. It is glorious peace of mind. At my OB, all you have to do is have 1 pregnancy go to term and you get ONE ultrasound, that's it! I did have 2 b/c of bleeding early (6w) and a dating u/s b/c the first one was off by 5 days per dates (8w), so it's hard to believe I have to go to 20w before I see little bean again. That's hard. I had 12 u/s with DD.

I will say now that I'm in the 2nd trimester, I am finally pooching out during the day. It used to be only a bloated look at night. At my 10am pilates class I had plenty of belly!

Aren't you exhausted? Ugh. I NEVER used to be tired at 10pm...now I'm a pumpkin by 7:30.

LMW
06-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Yes! I have had the same feeling with all three of my pregnancies.