PDA

View Full Version : I have messed up so many things this week...

bisous
06-15-2013, 08:52 AM
It isn't even funny. And I can't blame a single soul but me. The things I'm messing up are just forgetting/messing up dates, school projects, gifts, birthday party RSVPs at least one day late you name it. I'm on a really bad streak of just all around messing up.

Today I'm realizing that my Dad's birthday present (today is his birthday) AND his father's day present are going to be late. I'm feeling horrible right now. I will call him at a decent hour but I still feel lame. I hope he doesn't feel like he is unimportant!

Anyone else having a major screwup streak?

DietCokeLover
06-15-2013, 08:58 AM
That's frustrating. I have so much going on in my life right now that I keep dropping the ball on little things.... Like paying bills and stuff. I hate it. I am usually very on top of things.

bisous
06-15-2013, 09:05 AM
That's frustrating. I have so much going on in my life right now that I keep dropping the ball on little things.... Like paying bills and stuff. I hate it. I am usually very on top of things.

Oh DietCokeLover, your stuff is so understandable! I'm sure anyone would cut you a break with all the stuff you have on your plate.

While I'm busy, I don't have any huge excuses. I just keep messing up! I'll just keep trying to do better but I'm disappointed with myself for sure. I just hope people don't think I flat out don't care about them.

SnuggleBuggles
06-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Not really but I have nothing for my dad or FIL and no ideas either. Oh, and nothing for his teachers for the end of the year. I'm in worse shape than I thought!

crl
06-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Well, on Monday I took three wrong turns to get to a place that only takes four turns total and I have driven there multiple times. I also got turned around after one of those wrong turns and we were ten minutes late for dd's thirty minute swim lesson. Then I burned myself twice (very minor) making grilled cheese sandwiches. I did something else similar later than day. I was starting to wonder if I had some kind of health issue.

Catherine

MamaMolly
06-15-2013, 10:38 AM
I had a loooong streak of this from just before Christmas to the last week or so in May. I'm finally getting my head out of my butt.To be honest some of the things are really embarrassing, and there is one friendship I think I may have permanently damaged with my forgetfulness. :(

sarahsthreads
06-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Yep. I have the longest, most detailed to-do list ever to try to keep everything straight for these last few weeks of school, dance, and girl scouts, and the start of soccer. And yet I keep missing things or being late to things or staying up until ungodly hours to finish things. To say nothing of the deadlines at work that keep whooshing by (that's the problem with being your own boss, the worst I can do to myself is feel guilty, I can't fire myself. Unfortunately.)

Thanks for the reminder that while I have DH's gift from the girls (unwrapped still, naturally) I completely forgot to send any of the cards I bought for FIL or my grandfather, and I totally did not even THINK about a gift for my dad. Sigh. I wonder if he could use an Amazon gift certificate...?

I hate June.

If I weren't pregnant I'd so be breaking out the twisty straw come 4:00 Thursday, when EVERYTHING is over except soccer!

Sarah :)

eagle
06-15-2013, 05:42 PM
totally, totally not being snarky, but have you considered changing whatever it is you use for a calendar system? ifyou use your phone, maybe try a small wallet sized pocket calendar? maybe try using alerts if you dont? also, feel free to ignore me because i totally understand even if you have a system that works for you, keeping up with a calendar, keeping up with life is just plain HARD.

:hug: my todo list is crazy and things fall through the cracks here too.

elizamom
06-16-2013, 08:56 PM
I totally forgot to send my dad his Father's Day card/gift too. Ugh. I have felt so crappy about that all day. Then I texted DH to pick up something else for him and I accidentally sent the text to my dad. Ugh, again.

janine
06-17-2013, 11:07 AM
You are not alone...I usually manage to remember to dot all my i's, get the cards out - don't forget the nice thoughtful gift and calls. Plan early for DH's b'days, get started on DD's, don't forget work obligations.

But then I'll drop some BIG ball, or yell when I shouldn't have and forget to feed a kid.

You're doing great, I remember your other posts, you are juggling alot. Cut yourself alot of slack!

bisous
06-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for weighing in. I talked to my Dad and he forgives me. I had the best plans and intentions! I had his gifts picked out and ordered. I just neglected to get to the mail on time. Every "ball" that I dropped this past week was planned (to a certain extent) way ahead of time. I'm just having trouble accomplishing everything that is required of me.

Good case in point. DS1 is supposed to dress up as Walt Disney for a school project tomorrow (Tuesday). They had a dress rehearsal on Thursday so he brought in his church clothes. The kids were supposed to keep them at school over the weekend. But ahead of time I got permission to borrow his church clothes back for the weekend and then return them. I had about 20 things to do on Friday afternoon while picking up the kids. Somehow, in the craziness and the chaos (weird health issues with DS, class party for DS1, birthday party for DS2 immediately after, etc.) I forgot the clothes! And consequently spent this weekend buying new dress shoes and pants for DS1.

So I don't think it is my system. It is my life. In fact, I'll further clarify that it is my kids! Fortunately, after Wednesday I think my schedule will get a little easier. Until school starts again. And DC4 comes in November. Sigh. I'm sure I'll be back here again to lament the terrible screwups I make. Thankfully this time worked out okay... after quite the scramble.