PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel alienated/ intimidated by your SILs' close relationship?

ourbabygirl
06-15-2013, 11:09 PM
(Either your brothers' wives, or the sisters of your husband?)

Just wondering if you've experienced this, and how you got past it. I've felt this way for a number of years, and it seems like it intensifies over time as my SILs have so much in common (married to brothers, work for same company, same number & ages of kids, both switching from FT to PT, etc., etc.). It's hard not to feel like the odd one out, and it's understandable that they would be buddy-buddy, since they have so many similarities. It's a bit more uncomfortable since one of them used to be my good friend (a long time ago), then we had a falling out, and it's still awkward between us.

Any BTDT or advice?

Thanks!

chlobo
06-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Yes, my 2 SILs (DH's sisters) are both married to Brazilian guys (who are best friends), both live in the same town (near the grandparents) and now both work for the school system. I am totally the odd woman out. they have each other to lean on and help each other out. I got nada.

megs4413
06-16-2013, 05:10 PM
My sister-in-law (dh's sister) and my other sister in law (dh's brother's wife) get along a lot better with each other than either gets along with me. I do feel like the odd woman out. I'm sorry. It stings.