PDA

View Full Version : ELFA Hanging Door Organizer vs Costco's Version

njk07
06-16-2013, 07:32 AM
I just got the ELFA hanging door organizer from the Container Store and was very happy with it. Now I need more! I read the thread again and a couple of people mentioned that Costco has the SmartWorks that looks like it works the same. Does anyone have both? If the Costco one does the same job for a lot less, should I go with that?

vludmilla
06-16-2013, 08:58 AM
I have the Costco one and think it is fabulous. I cannot imagine the Container store one being three times better (I think that is the cost difference.)

TwinFoxes
06-16-2013, 10:54 AM
I have the container store one, and needed another. I was definitely going to get a Costco one. But, my Costco didn't have any, they may be discontinued. :( Has anyone seen them lately?

boltfam
06-16-2013, 03:03 PM
I have the container store one, and needed another. I was definitely going to get a Costco one. But, my Costco didn't have any, they may be discontinued. :( Has anyone seen them lately?

Mine still had them a couple of weeks ago. Maybe try a different location?

TwinFoxes
06-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Mine still had them a couple of weeks ago. Maybe try a different location?

Thanks! There's still hope. :) The next nearest Costco isn't all that close, I didn't feel like going if there was no chance.

ckso
06-16-2013, 05:57 PM
I got one about 3 weeks ago. It looks great and really like it except I found out that I have nonstandard doors and is off by an inch. Bummer

Ill probably end up returning it :(

lovemydeals
06-16-2013, 08:53 PM

Not sure which location you went to, but I went to the Fairfax location today and couldn't find it.

maybeebaby08
06-16-2013, 08:57 PM
They have them at mine they're on coupon for $29.99. They're in the tool aisle at my store.

boltfam
06-16-2013, 09:29 PM
They're in the tool aisle at my store.

:yeahthat:

TwinFoxes
06-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Not sure which location you went to, but I went to the Fairfax location today and couldn't find it.

That's the one I went to.

njk07
06-16-2013, 10:06 PM
Great! Maybe I'll try the Costco one out. Thank you all!

lovemydeals
06-17-2013, 12:23 PM
That's the one I went to.

i wonder if chantilly will have them. just hate driving out that way....

Suebell
06-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Does anyone have an item number? Thanks!

TwinFoxes
06-17-2013, 01:04 PM
i wonder if chantilly will have them. just hate driving out that way....

Yeah, none of the other ones are high on my list. Pentagon City is a nightmare, Woodbridge is far (but has ikea) and Chantilly is far and 66 is involved. If I get to one of them I'll PM you the results. :)

lovemydeals
06-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Yeah, none of the other ones are high on my list. Pentagon City is a nightmare, Woodbridge is far (but has ikea) and Chantilly is far and 66 is involved. If I get to one of them I'll PM you the results. :)

Thanks! It sounds like you know you the costco's in the area :tongue5: I might go out to Chantilly on Thursday, can't beat the convenience of having Target next door. If I do, I will report back as well.

Tanya
06-17-2013, 08:57 PM
They aren't available online thru Costco. I had to call my store and they had 3 and the other nearby store had 4. They said they'd hold one for me for today. I got there and the guy hadn't been able to find it, so off we went looking. Still had 2 there (now 1 since I took 1).

Anyway, you can call and describe it and they can look it up...

or, from my box...
UPC # 081654015121
ITM./ART. 708025

babyzolo
06-18-2013, 09:02 PM
I checked Waltham, MA and they don't have any. Has anyone found any in MA?

maybeebaby08
06-18-2013, 10:15 PM
I checked Waltham, MA and they don't have any. Has anyone found any in MA?

Danvers had a bunch last week.

katydid1971
06-18-2013, 11:38 PM
What does everyone use them for? I was looking at them today (they have a ton in Eugene BTW) I don't have a pantry :( and was wondering if there are other uses you smart mommies and daddies have some up with for them.

boltfam
06-19-2013, 09:12 AM
What does everyone use them for? I was looking at them today (they have a ton in Eugene BTW) I don't have a pantry :( and was wondering if there are other uses you smart mommies and daddies have some up with for them.

:yeahthat:

TwinFoxes
06-19-2013, 09:29 AM

I plan to use my new one in my linen closet to hold cleaners etc.

Tanya
06-19-2013, 10:08 AM

Me too....linen closet, that is. I currently just have wire shelves in there and my hall bath doesn't have any storage. So, I keep light bulbs, tissues, some toilet paper, extra shampoo and soap, deodorant, first aid stuff, etc. in the linen closet and some of that stuff does not sit well on the shelves, so I'm hoping the baskets on the door will work better. Plus, our closet is deep and we can use some of that space that way.

njk07
06-19-2013, 02:51 PM

I was thinking if using one in our coat closet for gloves, hats, etc

vludmilla
06-19-2013, 04:43 PM
I don't have a pantry either. I use mine in our linen closet.