PDA

View Full Version : Good quality XL twin bedding at a good price?

Mommy2Abby
06-17-2013, 11:14 AM
Hi - any recommendations for good quality XL Twin bedding sets (comforter/duvet/bed skirt/sham) at a reasonable price?

DD has an XL twin bed, and we had gotten a set at Kohl's last year and it has not held up well at all. We're going to paint her room, so I'd like to get her a nice set that will hold up for several years.

Any suggestions? TIA!

boltfam
06-17-2013, 12:09 PM
I don't know what you consider a good price. I have been searching for twin XL sheets and think I will probably wind up getting them from Company Kids. Not a great price but I want something that will last.

AnnieW625
06-17-2013, 12:12 PM
I had some from JC Penney in college and they were great. Also I really like Kohl's The Big One sets and I am sure they come in XL twin as well. We have had two sets of regular twin sets from The Big One since 2008 and have been happy with them. I really like Pottery Barn Kids sheets as well, but I don't know if they coming in XL twin or not.

gymnbomb
06-17-2013, 01:19 PM
When I had a twin XL bed in college everyone just bought the twin XL sheets and used regular twin duvet/sham. Ok, we didn't really use shams in college :) Any chance you could find a cute regular twin duvet/sham that would coordinate with a solid colored, easier to find bed skirt?

boltfam
06-17-2013, 01:20 PM
When I had a twin XL bed in college everyone just bought the twin XL sheets and used regular twin duvet/sham. Ok, we didn't really use shams in college :) Any chance you could find a cute regular twin duvet/sham that would coordinate with a solid colored, easier to find bed skirt?

:yeahthat: Twin bedskirt and duvet should be fine. The only thing you should need Twin XL would be sheets, probably.

azzeps
06-18-2013, 11:37 PM
Lands end? That's where I got mine for college and we still have them. And the duvet cover! I bet in a month there will be a ton more choices for back to school. What about PB Dorm?

Mommy2Abby
06-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! Great idea to use a plain XL twin bedskirt and then a fancier duvet. Definitely opens up the possibilities.

The XL Twin set we had from Kohl's (The Big One) has held up horribly - the bedskirt ripped in multiple places, and the stitching on the comforter has come off in several places after less than a year.

I still have my XL Twin set from college which was from JC Penney that is much nicer, but it has spots on it after all these years. And, JC Penney doesn't seem to have a great selection of XL Twin at this point.

I'm going to look at PBK or PB Teen and also maybe Bed Bath and Beyond for nicer twin duvets/comforters and then see if I can match them to a plain bedskirt. Thanks again for the ideas. If anyone sees any really cute patterns at a good deal, please let me know. Thanks!