PDA

View Full Version : what do you wear under your rashguard

echoesofspring
06-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Can you help me figure out a not too dorky pool outfit? Here's what I'm working with:

short (petite length pants) about a size 10-12, but with a big bf-ing chest right now, measured myself yesterday using breakout bras instructions and I think I'm a 34 E or so .

I have a short sleeve and long sleeve rashguards from Athleta. I think they look pretty good, and I lke wearing them for a variety of reasons, I get cold in the water, extra sun protection, etc. Mostly I'm wearing this short sleeve one: http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=92424&vid=1&pid=215062082

I have some swim shorts from target, and a couple regular swim bottoms that do a reasonable job on my still recovering from pregnancy belly/hip area.

What I'm unhappy with is what do wear under the rashguard. Right now I'm wearing a DD/DDD tankini from LandsEnd, that I'd like to replace: a) I don't think I'm getting enough support from it b) I don't like how it floats up, c) it sort of feels and looks like too much material under the rashguard, especially if I'm wearing the shorts.

WW you wear? A bra sized bikini top? I'm so not cut out for a bikini right now, but maybe if both pieces offer enough coverage/support it'll it'll be ok. A one piece? A different type of tankini with better support (maybe an underwire and less material). I

hillview
06-17-2013, 02:19 PM
bra sized bikini top or i guess you could do a workout bra

hellokitty
06-17-2013, 04:00 PM
If you are not planning to take off your rashguard while out, I would just wear a workout bra. That is what I do with my longsleeve rashguard.

ABO Mama
06-17-2013, 04:21 PM
If I'm leaving the shirt on, then I just wear a sports bra. If I will be taking the shirt off, I wear a tankini. A bikini top is not working with my lovely stretch marks (thanks twins!).

edurnemk
06-17-2013, 05:19 PM
A bra sized bikini top. Do you plan to leave the rash guard on the whole time? In that case the lack of coverage from the bikini top wouldn't be much of an issue.

I also feel tankini + rash guard is too much fabric.

MelissaTC
06-17-2013, 07:41 PM
I would check out the Elomi swim bras that Melissa sells at Breakout Bras.

echoesofspring
06-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Thanks everyone, I did end up ordering the Elomi bikini from Bare Necessities, it took me a while to find a place with my size and the right color (I actually had purchased the Elomi matching bottoms to go with a different top last week, and I liked the fit, so I hope it works). I bought a couple other bra sized bikini tops to try and a couple one pieces (they were having a 30% off sale :) ). I haven't ordered from them before so we'll see...though they did call to confirm my address yesterday and said they were upgrading my shipping, which was nice.

If it doesn't work maybe I'll look around for a sports bra, though I suppose wearing a bikini, isn't much less revealing that a sports bra.

pastrygirl
06-19-2013, 03:43 PM
I just tried and bought an underwire bikini top from Lands End. It's a purple ("wine orchid") floral twist top, and even though I'm a D cup, the 38C/40B fit great. It has a looser layer over the bra part, so didn't feel or look like underwear to me. It was labeled $28 and surprisingly was another 50% off. I also ordered the twist back top, no underwire, and is more like a sports bra. Very comfy. If I'd known about the additional percentage off, I wouldn't have been picky about the in-store pattern!