PDA

View Full Version : Disney 411 ?

PMJ
06-17-2013, 08:36 PM
I just love this Disney forum. I've been reading the past threads and am mostly confused. :)

Is there like a thread w/ Disney 101? What does a meal plan include? What is a hopper pass? etc etc..

megs4413
06-17-2013, 08:56 PM
I just love this Disney forum. I've been reading the past threads and am mostly confused. :)

Is there like a thread w/ Disney 101? What does a meal plan include? What is a hopper pass? etc etc..

not that I know of. allears.net has a decent how to get started page. so does mousesavers.com and easywdw and wdwinfo. disney's planning site is OK, but not all that detailed.

we can answer specific questions.

There are multiple meal plan options at Disneyworld. here is the official page from disney about the disney dining plan (or DDP in forum lingo):

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/planning-guides/in-depth-advice/disney-dining-plan/

The way the meal plans work is giving your party (so let's say you have a family of 4) credits for meals and snacks based on your night stays. Restaurants at Disney that accept the DDP (most of them do) then take your credits as payment (though alcohol in general and tips-always are not included.) different restaurants require different types of credits and some restaurants require two credits for one meal! It *is* confusing! Again, if you have any more specific questions, you'll get them answered here!

Park tickets also have multiple options. You can buy a "Magic your Way base ticket" which will give you access to ONE park for ONE full day (any of the parks except the water parks.) This is the basic ticket. You can add days to that ticket (it's actually a card like a credit card, not a physical ticket). Then there are add-ons for tickets. You can add-on the "park hopper" option which gives you the ability to go from park to park ON THE SAME day. this is a pretty expensive add on, but it gives you the ability to visit more than one park in a single day. You can also add on the "water park fun and more" option which gives you the ability to visit the water parks. you can add on water park fun and more and park hopper as well. So you have a base ticket, then you "add-on" days and options. I only every buy multi-day base tickets. we don't do the water parks and don't park hop because it's so cost prohibitive.