PDA

View Full Version : Bumbleride Indie Twin - Bent Frame?

theriviera
06-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Has anyone had this happen to their Indie Twin? We have always had really shaky front wheels. I thought that the recall would fix it, but it continued to shake. I don't use the stroller often and I kept forgetting to call bumbleride. Anyways, I finally got around to calling Bumbleride. It turns out that the frame is bent. Since I'm out of warranty, they are offering to sell me a frame at a big discount.

I was talking to DH though, who is an engineer, and he thought it was crazy that a frame like this could get bent. It spends 99.99% of the time in the garage, open. We have never taken it on a plane. Anyways, it makes me doubt how well this stroller is really made if this could happen so easily (given that it's never been hit or anything like that).

Anyways, I'm curious if this has happened to you too.

kaharris83
06-18-2013, 06:45 PM
I didn't have that happen, but I only had the Indie Twin assembled for a few months and only used it a handful of times. I felt like it was not nearly as sturdy feeling as my Duallie. I ended up getting rid of it because I felt it just wasn't as well made as the BOB. Sorry your frame is bent. And it's out of warranty. :(

hollissmama
06-18-2013, 07:45 PM
It never happened to me but I met someone who had one for her twins and after using it three years the frame snapped in half! She was just going down a small curb. Nuts. I sold mine soon after since my boys were close to the weight limit and it made me nervous.

kaharris83
06-18-2013, 08:28 PM
It never happened to me but I met someone who had one for her twins and after using it three years the frame snapped in half! She was just going down a small curb. Nuts. I sold mine soon after since my boys were close to the weight limit and it made me nervous.

Oh this story reminded me of a lady I saw last summer at the zoo with hers. Her kids were the size of average 6 year olds. The Indie was bowed and bent. It looked like it was going to snap in half. I just assumed it was because they were so big, but if 3 year olds made it snap I guess it could just be how it's made.

TxCat
06-19-2013, 09:05 PM
This is very helpful to read. The most common complaint I've heard from other people who've owned Indies or looked at them when choosing a double is that they don't seem as sturdy as similarly priced/featured strollers. (says someone who is still debating Bumbleride Indie Twin vs. MB Duo daily).

hollissmama
06-20-2013, 03:11 AM
I have had a duo and an urban double and they are super sturdy. Push was better and they fit my huge boys much better. I really liked the footrest for tall kids.