PDA

View Full Version : Apparently I still look pregnant.

twotimesblue
06-19-2013, 12:50 AM
DH and I took DS2 - who is 7 months old - to an open house today. The realtor was cooing over the baby, then turned to me, looked straight at my stomach and said: 'Wow! So you're going to have another little one joining you soon!'

I was horrified! I put on 40lbs with DS2 and still have 10lbs left to shift. I am working really hard but these last few pounds just ain't going anywhere (I'm still nursing so I can't diet, per se, but I eat healthily and just assumed I would lose the weight as easily as I did after DS1: more fool me).

And to think: I was actually happy to be fitting into my size 6 dresses again :crying:

It was all the more embarrassing as it happened in front of DH. Now I can't stop obsessing about my clearly not-so-little baby pooch. Sigh.

mom2binsd
06-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Stupid realtor...if you look pregnant in a size 6, bet they think I'm carrying twins!

Don't give it another thought!

hellokitty
06-19-2013, 06:53 AM
I'm sorry. A woman said the same thing to me at a party. Ds3 was a yr at the time, and like you, I was still bfing and didn't want to go on a big diet. We were doing a baby shower for a friend and she asked my friend when she was due and the turned over to me and asked me when I was due. I responded with, "I'm not pregnant, I'm just fat." She was at least embarrassed and apologetic, but yeah it sucks to be the receiver of that comment.

georgiegirl
06-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Wow, how rude! I'm sorry.

elizabethkott
06-19-2013, 09:10 AM
Ugh. I'm sorry. Been there, too. About six months after I delivered J, a co-worker from another building asked me when I was due. I told him "six months ago."
And if you're in size six... you're doing better than me, mama!

BabbyO
06-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Wow....outrageously stupid realtor. I've always had a baby pooch...even before I had babies - never had a flat stomach in my life, so I've been on the receiving end of those comments. Why don't people understand that is NEVER a comment you make unless you are 100% certain, as in the woman just told you herself that she is expecting????

And even then, the polite thing to say is, "Wow, I would have NEVER guessed! You're not showing a bit!"

♥ms.pacman♥
06-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Wow....outrageously stupid realtor. I've always had a baby pooch...even before I had babies - never had a flat stomach in my life, so I've been on the receiving end of those comments.

:yeahthat: i got lots of those comments when DS was 5 months old. unlike you though, i was nowhere near a size 6 and i had 20-25 lbs of baby weight to lose, not just 10lbs..so i probably did look fairly pregnant. nursing for me made it really hard to lose any weight.

people are just clueless sometimes. and it seems to happen often...i haven't met a single person who has never been incorrectly assumed to be pregnant at some point in their lives. a friend of mine, who before she even had kids, was out shopping with her dh when the salesperson congratulated them on being expectant parents. my friend was so baffled and the guy was like "you're pregnant, are you?" friend was a size 0 and was a total skinny-minnnie. i don't get people sometimes.

do not give it a second thought!!

HonoluluMom
06-19-2013, 02:47 PM
What an idiot!:thumbsdown:

jal
06-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Why don't people understand that is NEVER a comment you make unless you are 100% certain, as in the woman just told you herself that she is expecting????

A friend once put it something like this "Never assume a woman is pregnant unless you can see the head emerging".

Zukini
06-19-2013, 07:42 PM
A friend once put it something like this "Never assume a woman is pregnant unless you can see the head emerging".

LOL.... I told my DH the exact same thing the other day! "There should be a little hand waving hello at you, before you say/ask anything!" I'm just waiting till I am very obviously pregnant and someone asks and I give them a look and say "What do you mean? I just had a big lunch... just kidding".

goldenpig
06-20-2013, 04:03 AM
Aw, I totally sympathize. I just got that comment today too! I admit I was wearing an empire waist dress...it wasn't a maternity dress, but I guess it looks like one. I was seeing a patient and the patient's adult daughter said, "Oh, are you pregnant?" Um, no. Baby was born 3 months ago. I also have only 10 lb left over and fit into size 6 dresses again and my pre-pregnancy skinny jeans, which I think is pretty good! I wouldn't worry about it...people are so clueless! I had someone confess once that he saw another coworker and went up and rubbed her belly and congratulated her on being pregnant...except she wasn't. D'oh! :6:

twowhat?
06-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Reminds me of this:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9xueqc5BV1qctkcl.jpg

sntm
06-20-2013, 11:20 PM
I got it from a patient

sntm
06-20-2013, 11:22 PM
Hit send. Rounding on my partners patient an she commented that she didn't realize I was expecting. Lady, neither did I.
I said I was postpartum. Didn't mention it was 13 mo postpartum. And I'm in a 4 now, just still have an awful pooch.