PDA

View Full Version : Lands End has new backpack styles up

elektra
06-19-2013, 09:54 AM
There have been some back to school threads and I just noticed that the new backpack designs are up.
I actually had just purchased DS a Dash, for our upcoming trip and I really like it. I like the pockets and it looks cool (and only $14.99!)

katydid1971
06-19-2013, 11:19 AM
I like the patterns better this year than last year. I got DD's pack at Garnet Hill in December s but its fun to look.

daisysmom
06-19-2013, 01:48 PM
We ended up picking an LLBean one that came up a few days ago. After all the research that I did comparing them, thinking about the zipper sticking issues, the slouch factor versus a bag that had shape, water bottle holders, etc. I was at a school camp and a girl had an LLB one on and my DD said "that's the one I want" so I showed her the patterns and we just went with it. The PB new patterns should be up by the end of this month - I saw that on facebook.

Dream
06-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Does anyone know whether the lands end 'My First Backpack' is too small for a kindergartner? It need to fit folders with the horizontal pockets.

TwinFoxes
06-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Wow, the patterns are much better than last year. Super cute patterns in purple (my fave). I already bought DDs' backpacks and lunch-bags at that crazy GH sale last year when it was both for $11 or something. I'll be checking LE out end of season for next year!

AnnieW625
06-20-2013, 11:58 AM
:yeahthat: I like the colors much better. I am soo tempted to ordered that striped Dash pack, but neither girl really needs a new backpack this year. Hopefully the colors will be as good next year, which is when we will most likely have to buy new backpacks again.

katydid1971
06-20-2013, 01:38 PM
:yeahthat: I like the colors much better. I am soo tempted to ordered that striped Dash pack, but neither girl really needs a new backpack this year. Hopefully the colors will be as good next year, which is when we will most likely have to buy new backpacks again.
Annie see if you can get these at a good price in December. That's when I buy DC's backpacks and they're usually in the $10 price range.

AnnieW625
06-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Sarah, that is when I got DD2's backpack in 2011.

AJP
06-21-2013, 10:19 AM
I was surprised that I liked the LE patterns much better than the LL Bean ones. None of the bean patterns matched the lunch bags we bought last summer, so I figured I'd just go with the LE since the LL Bean wouldn't match anyways. We chose the polka dot medium classmates. I hope they're big enough to fit lunch bags and gear!

alirebco
06-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Aren't the LLB ones better than the LE in general though? I have to get a new backpack for DS this year.

AJP
06-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Aren't the LLB ones better than the LE in general though? I have to get a new backpack for DS this year.

I always assumed so. We did LE lunch bags last year and they didn't hold up so well. The LlBean ones worked out great this year and we will use them next yr as well. I've heard pros and cons for both brands.