PDA

View Full Version : Help Me!!! 30 days of swim camp = 30 lost beach towels Deals?????

updacountry
06-19-2013, 12:13 PM
I have some really nice beach towels from Lands End, but don't want to risk them being lost at swim camp every day. Any deals out there. My daughter is only 7. Towels are not on her list of priority on keeping track of.
Thanks

AbbysMom
06-19-2013, 12:18 PM
I just ordered these from Amazon to send with my girls to camp:

http://www.amazon.com/Utopia-Towels-Bath-Cotton-Absorbent/dp/B007JCHAL4

They are very thin and easy to pack.

jjordan
06-19-2013, 01:38 PM
I'd probably just go to Walmart (alone) and get a few of the cheapest ones there.

ETA: Go alone so that your dd doesn't get her heart set on a particular towel and you can just get the cheapest. :) In case that wasn't obvious from my original (unedited) post...

Jen841
06-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Can get something she really wants, then give her an incentive to remember it daily? I bought 'good' goggles for the kids and when they are gone back to the cheap ones we have. It has worked so far...@ 8 various pool trips and going strong.

Water bottles are their weakness. I tease I am getting them pretty princess ones if they lose what they have now...I have boys.

azzeps
06-19-2013, 03:05 PM
I would send our scrappy bath towels that we keep around for messes. They are still nice, clean towels, just older and maybe washed out or with bleach spots or whatever.

Gracemom
06-19-2013, 05:47 PM
I just bought $6 beach towels from Big Lots, even better if you buy them on the weekends they have the 20% off coupon. They also had some nice bath sized ones for $4. I wish I had bought more of those.

updacountry
06-19-2013, 08:07 PM
I just bought $6 beach towels from Big Lots, even better if you buy them on the weekends they have the 20% off coupon. They also had some nice bath sized ones for $4. I wish I had bought more of those.

Where do I find the coupon. This is the cheapo towel I'm looking for!

maybeebaby08
06-19-2013, 09:10 PM
SAMs sells packs of hotel towels. They're like the ones at hotel pools, thin and smaller, fine for kids. It's a big pack, 12 or 24 fairly cheap.

mom2binsd
06-19-2013, 09:19 PM
You don't want thick ones anyway, they take too long too dry. Send cheap ones and put her name in sharpie marker on them. She might surprise you too!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

minnie-zb
06-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Buy a pack of the white towels from Costco or go to 5 Below.

Twin Mom
06-19-2013, 10:40 PM
I know in the past Target has sold $5 beach towels since my SIL gave them out as party favors for my niece's birthday a couple of years ago. It sounds like a bulk purchase would be a better value but if that doesn't work you could always try Target.

hellokitty
06-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Hmm, well if you think she will be losing a lot of towels, I'd probably give her old house towels that need to be reitred soon anyway. That way if she loses them, no biggie.