PDA

View Full Version : Jumping jacks... Will I ever be able to do them again?

mikala
06-19-2013, 02:40 PM
This feels like a really silly TMI question but here goes....

I've recently started more intense exercise classes and am struggling with jumping jacks. I'm almost a year post partum with my second child but it seems like my bladder totally missed the memo. Anyone else experience this? What can I do? Are kegels the answer? Does it just need more time? I'm fine with running, plain jumping but the local group exercise class instructors seem to love their jumping jacks.

almostmom
06-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Ugh, I'm totally there with you and my youngest is 7. I think I posted about this years ago, or at least there was post by someone...

I haven't found the answer, but when I'm doing an exercise video that requires jumping jacks, I do them one leg at a time, and it's fine. So imagine everything else is moving like a jumping jack, but on the first jump I kick out my right leg, second jump legs are together, third jump I kick out my left leg, etc. No leaking.

In that post years ago, someone wrote about how this theory that kegels were worse for this because they made the muscles tighter rather than looser, and this woman had a whole video series on how to deal with this. I was never convinced, but it did make me feel better about forgetting to do kegels!

I'd be very interested to know if anyone has successfully gotten over this issue...

SnuggleBuggles
06-19-2013, 04:14 PM
I have heard that squats may be even better than kegels.

I used to have pelvic floor and jumping jack issues after ds2 but I can do them easily now (have been fine for years). Combination of strength training and some kegels.

ECUPirateMom
06-19-2013, 06:17 PM
I was the exact same way after DD2 was born! I thought I would never be able to jump on our trampoline again without peeing myself or wearing a pad...but right around 18 months after DD2 was born it got a lot better and seemed to go away! Don't know if it just takes that long to get better or if its because I was finally getting in shape but I guess I will see what happens after DD3 is born :)

Sent from my SGH-T989