PDA

View Full Version : Swimwear for Sun Protection Dorks

anonomom
06-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Like me! I've been wearing rashguards for a few years to protect my ridiculously fair skin, and I love them (except that they pull on my neck). But I still go through tons of sunscreen and suspect I'm still getting to much sun exposure.

Enter the UVSkinz (www.uvskinz.com) catalog . They sell a whole range of sun protection clothing, including swim capris, bras and an array of shirts (including v-neck rashguards)! And did I mention that all of their women's clothing comes in plus sizes too :yay:? I ordered on Saturday and got my order today and I have to say I'm really impressed. Fit is nice and the clothes look pretty good. I mean, sure, I'm going to be the nerd swimming in capris and a long shirt, but I'll be comfy, reasonably cute and protected from the sun. It's a win in my book.

Anyway, I figure if there are other sun protection dorks out there, I'd give y'all a heads-up. They also sell a large range of baby and kid stuff, but I find kid sunwear easy to find so less remarkable.

oneplustwo
06-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Nice to know about another option when it comes to swim wear and protective clothing. I'll give them a look!

ArizonaGirl
06-22-2013, 10:34 PM
I don't know if this is true in every area but my Costco had kids sets (bottoms, rashguard and matching hat) from UV Skinz for around $20 and that is what we bought DS. He loves it and it protects his royal whiteness... :hysterical:

sandwish
06-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Good to know there are others. Our Costco just had the Sun Protection Zone roadshow and I walked away with a booney hat and a long sleeve rash guard. We live in SoCal now and I wanted the protection. DH was laughing at me since I put them both on in the car while waiting for him to put the cart away.

crl
06-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Thanks! Coolibar has a bunch of sun protection clothing too, in case anyone is looking for another source.

Catherine

NCGrandma
06-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Good to know there are others. Our Costco just had the Sun Protection Zone roadshow and I walked away with a booney hat and a long sleeve rash guard. We live in SoCal now and I wanted the protection. DH was laughing at me since I put them both on in the car while waiting for him to put the cart away.

This was recently at our Costco too and I also got a booney hat. I HATE hats but know I should wear one since I don't want a skin cancer recurrence ... and this hat actually seems comfy and -- shockingly -- is cute enough to garner compliments.

echoesofspring
06-23-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm going to be the nerd swimming in capris and a long shirt, but I'll be comfy, reasonably cute and protected from the sun.

I'm right there with you...but dorky beats dead as far as I'm concerned (DH is a melanoma survivor). When I was going to the pool last summer I felt so overdressed in my longsleeve rashguard and DS with a rashguard and hat on, it seemed like we were the only ones with protective clothing on, but I just don't trust myself in applying enough sunscreen to myself or a wiggly toddler.

Was also coming to 2nd Coolibar as well, I think they are doing free shipping right now.

ett
06-30-2013, 11:50 PM
Just ordered hats from UVSkinz for the whole family. I used a 15% off code from my catalog and got free shipping for over $50.