PDA

View Full Version : When will he learn?!?!

rachelh
06-20-2013, 10:49 AM
DH asked me about a credit card I still have in my maiden name. I inquired as to what he needed for and he replied something along the lines of something he didn’t want associated with his business. Last night DH gets a phone call from his dad who lives overseas. They were speaking in French but from the little bit of French that I understand I figured it was something to do with why DH needed the credit card. When I asked DH about it after he told me that it was to help his father out with some business deal (gone bad – as usual.) Of course there is some horrible story of how his father was duped by his partner. Every business deal his father ever gets into is the next “big thing” that’s going to make him tons of money but he always gets screwed somehow and he is never at fault. :rolleye0014: So now he needs to renew a domain name that is currently in his ex-partners name and is expiring but doesn’t want to renew it in his name. Yes, so why not do it in mine without asking me?!?! It is only $25 (or so he claims) but that is not the point! I don’t want to have anything to do with his business deals! It is bad enough he got us involved with another business deal that we had to bail him out of to tune of $12,000!!! Plus money we loaned him that we will never get back! DH don’t you ever learn for freaking lesson?!?! And yes I am mad and I have every right to be for hiding this from me (aka lying), “thinking” about doing it without telling me, and then telling me it’s no big deal because it is my maiden name. Really?!?

belovedgandp
06-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Oh, I'd be furious. Time for some serious boundaries. So, so sorry.

wellyes
06-20-2013, 11:04 AM
He lied to you to help his dad get scammed. Yikes.

rachelh
06-20-2013, 11:33 AM
He lied to you to help his dad get scammed. Yikes.

not to get his dad scammed but to register te expiring webpage for his dad instead of the ex-partner having it.

boolady
06-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Under these circumstances I would cancel the credit card, because I would not trust my husband or his father to not use my credit card for other things.

gatorsmom
06-20-2013, 11:40 AM
I'd be really mad too and I'd insist your DH either put the domain name on some other credit card OR you will call the credit card company to dispute those charges. If he's going to make bad business deals with his dad, then HE can pay the price.

I'm sorry, I really feel for you. This is exactly the same type of carp my DH pulls sometimes. Makes me furious.

DietCokeLover
06-20-2013, 12:40 PM
I would be cancelling the card as well.

MamaMolly
06-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Me too. No how, no way would that fly with me. Even if your DH is up front with you in the future your FIL has a long history of fiscal irresponsibility. And if the card is in YOUR name it is YOUR problem if he starts charging on it.