PDA

View Full Version : Ergo Stowaway

meljc
06-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Has anyone use the Ergo Stowaway? We have an Original Ergo and a Pikkolo, but looking for something more compact (but still supportive and comfortable) for 20mo 25lb DS. Potential for multi-hour use when traveling. How does comfort compare to the Original Ergo? Is it much more compact to pack? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

lizzywednesday
06-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Looks to me like the Ergo's answer to the Boba Air, honestly.

Its prime selling point seems to be its packability, but I don't know if that's enough to sell me on it over the regular Ergo, KWIM?

meljc
06-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Looks to me like the Ergo's answer to the Boba Air, honestly.

Its prime selling point seems to be its packability, but I don't know if that's enough to sell me on it over the regular Ergo, KWIM?

That's the information I gleaned from the web. Have you seen one in person?

lizzywednesday
06-21-2013, 09:57 AM
No; this thread was actually the first I heard of it, but I have had reviews of the Boba Air.

The general consensus among the members of my babywearing group is that it's OK for quick up-and-down, but they wouldn't rely on it as a primary carrier.

Also, the Boba's nylon is a tight weave and can get hot & sweaty, which is the opposite of what most folks look at the Air for.

jam224
06-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Has anyone use the Ergo Stowaway? We have an Original Ergo and a Pikkolo, but looking for something more compact (but still supportive and comfortable) for 20mo 25lb DS. Potential for multi-hour use when traveling. How does comfort compare to the Original Ergo? Is it much more compact to pack? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

If you're looking for a better way to carry/store your carrier, have you thought about getting a stuff sack? That's what I have for my Boba and I love it! Keeps it contained in a pouch and gives me a handle to carry/hang it: http://store.bobafamily.com/boba-carrier-stuff-sack

meljc
06-21-2013, 05:22 PM
No; this thread was actually the first I heard of it, but I have had reviews of the Boba Air.

The general consensus among the members of my babywearing group is that it's OK for quick up-and-down, but they wouldn't rely on it as a primary carrier.

Also, the Boba's nylon is a tight weave and can get hot & sweaty, which is the opposite of what most folks look at the Air for.
I have already ruled out the Boba Air, as it seems insufficient for longer use. I am interested in the Stowaway because it retains the padded waist and shoulder straps.

If you're looking for a better way to carry/store your carrier, have you thought about getting a stuff sack? That's what I have for my Boba and I love it! Keeps it contained in a pouch and gives me a handle to carry/hang it: http://store.bobafamily.com/boba-carrier-stuff-sack
That's a great idea!!! I actually have a few sizes of stuff sacks at home so maybe I'll try that. I had been using a webbing strap from my camping days but it was sort of a pain and I'm pretty sure DH lost it when we came back from our last trip.

In the meantime, before I saw your reply I *might* have ordered the Stowaway and Urban Chic from diapers.com (15% off running currently) to try out.

meljc
07-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Just wanted to post back in case others find this thread... I ordered the Ergo Stowaway, Ergo Urban Chic and Boba 3G (since it is supposed to pack down well). I was able to compare these to our Ergo Classic and Pikkolo though I didn't get around to taking pictures sadly. The Stowaway is a huge winner! I would totally recommend it to a new parent who is considering any of the other Ergos. DH likes that the material is more breathable, I like that the waistband is more flexible and doesn't dig in as much, and we both love how compact it is for travel.

graysonsmom
01-03-2014, 03:17 AM
Ffr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)