PDA

View Full Version : WHere do you keep your to be donated stuff?

katydid1971
06-20-2013, 07:23 PM
I need a new way to handle the stuff I want to donate. I think I need a place I can put things on a day to day basis that I'm going to donate. How do you handle stuff you are going to donate between trips to Goodwill? Where do you keep it? How often do you clear it out? What do you keep it in?
Thanks

specialp
06-20-2013, 07:34 PM
A big diaper box in the guest bedroom closet. This is really for non clothing items as I pretty much go through those when the seasons change & put those in bags. We have donation trucks come around frequently - maybe every month or 2 months, so I pack that stuff up when I have enough to fill the box and leave on the curb. Start with a new big diaper box (never short on those.)

abh5e8
06-20-2013, 08:02 PM
i keep the stuff in empty shopping bags...usually in the garage. when the bag gets full, i move it to the back of my car. then donate when i have time. (but, when i say "my car," i actually mean the car dh and i both drive to work...other car has all the carseats and stays with the dc. i run errands over lunch and drop it off then.)

Still-in-Shock
06-20-2013, 09:00 PM
I had been using a laundry bin in the guest room. Since that is now becoming the baby's room, I think the basket will move to my closet.

hillview
06-20-2013, 09:11 PM
I keep a shopping bag (usually a couple) in DS2's room closet (as he outgrows stuff in it goes). I keep a shopping bag in my closet. When I do a toy sweep I put them in garbage bags in our entry area. I call Veteran's Association once I do the toy collection or between seasons (winter ending / summer ending are my big clothes purge times).

jgenie
06-20-2013, 09:15 PM
I put items in plastic grocery bags and then put in a stack in the garage. When I'm going to be driving by the donation place I throw the bags in the car.

BDKmom
06-20-2013, 09:24 PM
We have a corner of our bedroom closet (walk-in) that is our Goodwill pile. That's for me and DH. For the kids, I have plastic storage bins in our guest room for DC's clothes. Toys go in a big closet off the guest room. We make trips to Goodwill 2-3 times a year.

Liziz
06-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Ummm....on the floor of my closet. Don't be me. : )

Snow mom
06-22-2013, 08:02 AM
I usually have a bag sitting somewhere (it's varied over time but typically is in a closet or unused corner) which I throw all donate stuff into. When I was in pre-moving purge mode I dropped off every week or two. I still need to figure out where to donate here as nothing is as convenient (unless you count those donation boxes by the road which seem to be EVERYWHERE).

belovedgandp
06-22-2013, 06:22 PM
I have a laundry basket in my walk in closet. Throw things in there until a truck comes around or I have a bigger item that forces me to make the run to a drop off place.