PDA

View Full Version : Newborn layette-minimum amount?

todzwife
06-20-2013, 07:49 PM
I pulled out the newborn stuff I kept and washed it...and realized that it may not be enough. I do laundry daily, but alternate between a light/white load and a dark load...

I have:

3 button up footed sleepers
5 short sleeve kimono shirts
5 short sleeved onesies
2 long sleeved onesies
4 pairs of pants
2 bubble rompers
1 dress
2 pros of newborn baby legs
3 nightgowns
2 woombies

Does this sound like it will be enough? I always had a lot more for my others but I'm trying to keep everything minimal this time because we just don't have room!

abh5e8
06-20-2013, 07:51 PM
i actually think that will be fine. its about what i had in newborn size, and she only wore them for 2 weeks. I was worried I didn't have enough, but it was. if you do some laundry every day, i think its plenty. unless you tend to have very small babies? or babies that spit up lots.

lchang25000
06-20-2013, 09:14 PM
I would prob get more footed button up sleepers with the built in hand mitts (purchased from gymboree, Carter's). That's all ds2 wore the first month in the newborn size. We skipped regular onsies and rompers due to blowouts and only see kimono onesies and rompers which are so much easier to put on and off.

Liziz
06-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Unless you have teeny tiny babies that wear newborn clothes for a long time, I think that's totally fine. We really only used 3 sleepers and a 3 onesies with DD -- we had more stuff, but those are what worked, so they just kept getting washed and put back on her. Anyways, if you find that it's not enough, it's easy to pick up another couple items, so I wouldn't buy any more now.

ArizonaGirl
06-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Unless you have teeny tiny babies that wear newborn clothes for a long time, I think that's totally fine. We really only used 3 sleepers and a 3 onesies with DD -- we had more stuff, but those are what worked, so they just kept getting washed and put back on her. Anyways, if you find that it's not enough, it's easy to pick up another couple items, so I wouldn't buy any more now.

:yeahthat:

DS was a preemie and wore NB clothes for a relatively long time (6 to 8 weeks) and we still only used the same maybe 5 or 6 outfits (he was also a huge spitter, major reflux issues).

HTH

SnuggleBuggles
06-20-2013, 11:02 PM
We only had onesies, footed sleepers, 3 gowns and a hand full of real outfits.

I did send my mom to the store for more NB sized stuff.

megs4413
06-21-2013, 05:51 PM
I think you need a couple more sleepers.