PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to play? I can tell I'm pregnant because...

megs4413
06-21-2013, 12:28 PM
...I'm sitting here drinking milk straight up. I don't even like milk.

...I cried yesterday when DH asked me what he could get me for dinner. All I wanted was a panini and the panini place was closed. :(

...my boobs feel like ever-expanding "stay-away-from-me-or-I'll-punch-you" personal space protection devices. swatting someone is like a reflex with how painful it is if someone even brushes one accidentally. these boobs are meant for baby and they're just making sure everyone knows that ahead of time.

...I spend more time peeing than showering. gross, but true. I was up like 4 times just overnight. Cumulatively (is that a word?) I must spend at least an hour every day just peeing. there's no way I'm standing my swollen tiredness in the shower that long.

...I organized my master closet yesterday. I guess the nesting has started? I've gone years (as evidenced by the clothes I threw out yesterday) and entire CROSS COUNTRY MOVES without doing that.

hillview
06-21-2013, 12:48 PM
OK I am NOT pregnant but when I was ...

- craving MEAT (so strange before DS1 I was a non meat eater for 15 years)
- sleeping as much as possible and when not sleeping; wishing I was sleeping

georgiegirl
06-21-2013, 01:13 PM
...the other night DH looked down at my belly and said, "oh game 6 of the NBA finals was really interesting..." and proceeds to tell me all about the game. I don't give a rat's ass about basketball (and supposedly neither does he), but my belly apparently reminds him of basketball.

...I also pee several times between when I get into bed and midnight (usually like 3 times)

...I sleep naked with just a sheet covering me, and everyone else is wearing fleece jammies

sarahsthreads
06-21-2013, 10:48 PM
...suddenly I don't like mint chocolate chip ice cream anymore. If I have any, it must be cookies and cream. Up until this pregnancy, the only type of ice cream I ever order - EVER - is mint chocolate chip, because it is the only flavor of ice cream worth eating. (Well, seasonally, pumpkin, but that's a fall thing so it doesn't count.)

...I want every kind of meat there is, the meatier the better. Chicken thighs? Bring em' on! Even better if they're slathered with some sticky soy-based sauce! (Normally I would not touch dark meat with a ten foot pole.)

...my belly button is now an outie. That everyone must comment on. No, Uncle R, that doesn't mean "the 'turkey' is done and ready to come out of the oven". (And seriously, if you ask me again if I'm sure there aren't twins in there, I'm going to scream.)

...and the number one reason: if that's not a baby in there, I'm about to have an alien pop out of my belly. The kid never. stops. moving. My belly is constantly visibly rippling, jiggling and bouncing around. I've now had several medical professionals make awed comments somewhat along the lines of "wow, that is a *really* active kid you've got in there" which scares me. I mean, if they're that impressed - and they see how many pregnant women every day? - he must be like off the charts active. I had an NST today and I may as well have just held the "kick" button down, because he NEVER stopped moving.

Sarah :)

megs4413
06-22-2013, 12:57 PM
...and the number one reason: if that's not a baby in there, I'm about to have an alien pop out of my belly. The kid never. stops. moving. My belly is constantly visibly rippling, jiggling and bouncing around. I've now had several medical professionals make awed comments somewhat along the lines of "wow, that is a *really* active kid you've got in there" which scares me. I mean, if they're that impressed - and they see how many pregnant women every day? - he must be like off the charts active. I had an NST today and I may as well have just held the "kick" button down, because he NEVER stopped moving.

So this is happening with my DD as well...in fact, EVERY single doc or nurse has commented and it's freaking me out. is it wrong to say I'm glad I'm not alone on that? I actually asked the doc if it was unhealthy that she didn't seem to be sleeping very much, but he said a lot of her movements could be in her sleep....

sarahsthreads
06-22-2013, 04:27 PM
So this is happening with my DD as well...in fact, EVERY single doc or nurse has commented and it's freaking me out. is it wrong to say I'm glad I'm not alone on that? I actually asked the doc if it was unhealthy that she didn't seem to be sleeping very much, but he said a lot of her movements could be in her sleep....

It's only wrong if it's wrong that I feel relieved that it's not just me! :ROTFLMAO:

This is just so very different from my first two. Most of their visible movements (at least until the last couple of weeks) were hiccups. This little guy seems likes he's doing somersaults and handsprings in there! And I'm only 30 weeks. What's it going to be like next month?!?

So, when our crazy-active kids are born, we're going to have to form a support club. I'm terrified to think what will happen when we hit crawling, and walking...and running...

TxCat
06-22-2013, 07:40 PM
... I'm crazy hot like a furnace all the time. I'm constantly begging DH to turn the AC down "just another degree." I can't sleep with a blanket or sheets anywhere touching my body. If the cats try to cuddle with me, I throw them off. I keep DH on the far side of the king-size bed. I can't deal lying next to anyone except for DD.

... I have to wear double tank-tops or t-shirts to make my outie less obvious

... I'm craving meat. I had a bacon cheeseburger for dinner last night

... I have to hold my belly intermittently when I exercise or walk fast because I need the extra support

mommyp
06-23-2013, 05:45 PM
It's only wrong if it's wrong that I feel relieved that it's not just me! :ROTFLMAO:

This is just so very different from my first two. Most of their visible movements (at least until the last couple of weeks) were hiccups. This little guy seems likes he's doing somersaults and handsprings in there! And I'm only 30 weeks. What's it going to be like next month?!?

So, when our crazy-active kids are born, we're going to have to form a support club. I'm terrified to think what will happen when we hit crawling, and walking...and running...

IME with two very active kiddos, they slow down once they start to run out of space in there! Of course, then I got worried because they didn't move as much.
They were both fine:) And are still very active!

So I'm not pregnant now, but when I was:
- my fingers were so swollen I couldn't wear my wedding ring for the last trimester