PDA

View Full Version : Can't I just stay home?

robinsmommy
06-21-2013, 03:51 PM
I hate getting ready to go on vacation. Hate it. And we have overnight company company just a couple days after we're back. The house is a wreck, still.

I'd love to tell DH that he can just take the kids and go without me. Not really an option. But oh so tempting. I am of tired of dealing with pet sitters, the mailman, the lot of it.

hillview
06-21-2013, 08:25 PM
I hear you. while I never don't want to go I do think DH has NO sense of what it takes to pull off a trip. I feel your pain!

bisous
06-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Reminds me of that siggie by someone on here that was taken from Modern Family. Something about traveling with kids not being a vacation but a business trip! SO true!

AngB
06-22-2013, 01:07 AM
I am going through the same thing. Hate getting ready to go. And special thanks to our 2 year old who has made this extra fun by undoing things and his new fun trick of stripping down to pee on our carpet. (We are potty training- it is not going well!)

Still-in-Shock
06-22-2013, 01:22 AM
I can tell you that traveling just as a couple can be just as nerve-racking. At least DH appreciates my planning when we get to our destination, and he does say thank you when we get home. But until we get out the door, I am a harried mess! And I have a hard time packing - I think its because I am afraid of flying.

To the OP - our petsitter brings in the mail for us, turns lights on and off, etc. You might want to see if you can combine some of your out-of-town tasks, to cut down the amount of coordination before hand. As for your sleepover company, I would let them know that it takes you a week to sort out laundry, mail, etc. when you get back from vacation, so you hope they will be OK with a disorganized, but happy house to stay in. Since it's free, they should be very happy that you are willing to welcome them!