PDA

View Full Version : When I send you to get balloons for the party...

dogmom
06-22-2013, 11:08 AM
The morning of the party. To the dollar store. Where I say, and if she wants to pick up anything for extra for the gift bags she can. I do not mean: I want you to buy deflated balloons for the gift bags. The reason I waiting until the morning of the party is helium balloons loose their helium if you buy them ahead of time. Which you know. We always have balloons at the kids parties, always. Which you know. We always have to go get balloons the morning of the party, our eldest is 10, our youngest now 7, for the love of all that is holy, we have done this 16 times!!!! So why do you call me on the way out of the store double checking how many balloons? Well, I guess so my wife sense can go all tingling and go, "They ARE inflated, correct?" So you can say, "I'm going back into the store now." And no, I don't want to hear your logic of why you thought I wanted deflated balloons for the gift bag. (Who gives those anyway?)

Of course the thing that really pisses me off is you just bit my head of this morning when you were complaining about taking DD to the dollar store that you hadn't gotten your coffee yet and I said, "get a travel mug" and you thought I was insulting you because I was stating the obvious.

And, BTW, what have you been doing for an hour at the dollar store then???? The party starts in 2 hours.

Oh, and if you had ever cleaned through their toy bins, like I do on a regular basis, you would know that we have PLENTY of packages of deflated balloons and you would know that there is no reason to buy more.

And the real rub, I know my DH is better than many husband I hear about on these boards. He actually fully participates in parenting and is in charge of the kids as much as I am. How do you keep from killing them?

bisous
06-22-2013, 11:28 AM
That totally sounds like something DH would do. He'll do something like that and then get mad when I'm extra explicit the next time. "I'm not an idiot" he'll say and I'll just try really hard to smile sweetly at him, lol.

georgiegirl
06-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Seriously? That's the point of going to the dollar store the morning of the party...to get helium balloons. I'm always amazed at how my DH's brain suddenly disappears when he's sent out shopping.

bisous
06-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Ooh! Can I add my DH gripe? So we need to pick DS1's glasses up from Costco. (Georgiegirl, this is for you because you know the locations, lol). DH is a snob and won't shop in the OX store so we are picking up his glasses in the WLV Costco. Last night I asked him to send the pictures we wanted to have framed to the Costco photo dept so we could pick them up at the same time. He comes in with the receipt. It is for the OX store. I was hoping to save a trip but now have to go to TWO Costcos in opposite directions. Thanks, DH!

123LuckyMom
06-22-2013, 12:36 PM
My DH is a very smart man, but he becomes totally brainless when sent shopping. I'll give him a list that specifies, for example, the brand, size, and fat content of the milk I want WITH a picture, and he will come back with the store brand, wrong fat content, wrong size. It's like he becomes unable to read or something. I used to think he was purposely putting on an act so I would never send him shopping, but he volunteers to go. He tries to do a good job. It's very strange. Now my shopping list reads like it was meant for a total idiot. It even contains directions like, "in aisle 5 in the organic section on the third shelf to the right underneath the cereal." He can't find it! And then he says they didn't have it rather than that he couldn't find it.

mariza
06-29-2013, 09:33 AM
OP, my DH would totally do that! Here's a recent conversation we had. We were doing a kid swap and he was waiting for me to meet him at CVS. I tell him we are low on Peanut Butter so while your waiting can you run into CVS and grab some. He asks what kind. I said "get Skippy or Jiff, do not get the store brand, remember you hate store brand PB and the last jar we bought became the dogs PB? Either Skippy or Jiff is fine, whichever is cheaper." What did he buy? CVS brand because "I told him to get the cheapest" argh! What did I learn? That DH only listens to the very last thing I say AND that he has apparently been sharing a jar of PB that we agreed was the dog's PB. As in, I spread some on her bone and then use the same knife that was just on a gross slobbered on bone of a dead animal to spread more PB on it. It's like he leaves his brain at work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liz
06-29-2013, 09:45 AM
What did I learn? That DH only listens to the very last thing I say AND that he has apparently been sharing a jar of PB that we agreed was the dog's PB. As in, I spread some on her bone and then use the same knife that was just on a gross slobbered on bone of a dead animal to spread more PB on it.

some of these stories are making me laugh, esp this one. I can so relate.

Green22
06-30-2013, 02:51 PM
This post made me cry because I was laughing so hard. Especially the part about the wife-sense going off. I can relate.