PDA

View Full Version : Razor Jr Kiddie Kick Scooter?

acmom
06-22-2013, 01:19 PM
We have one Maxi kick scooter which my DS (3) just got for his birthday but my DD (almost 5) has actually been using it more. We were planning to get a 2nd for my DD's bday in a month so they would both have the same one that they could use for a long time. But a relative just sent a DS a razor jr. for his bday too so now he techincally has 2 scooters and DD has none.

Do I exchange the razor for another either mini or maxi kick (I would have to pay additional for this) or keep the razor and just have 2 different scooters? Anyone have any experience with the razor jr (we haven't opened it yet since we are not sure what to do)? We have an old radio flyer 3 wheel scooter which neither DD or DS uses anymore bc it goes pretty slow and doesn't turn well- does the Razor jr. have this issue at all?

citymama
07-21-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm bumping this thread as I just got DD2 a Razor Jr scooter at a yard sale for $10 and wondering if anyone has experience with it. I know there's a lot of love for the Mini Kick for that age group (she is a small/average 3 yr old) but $10 was too good to pass up, especially since we've been happy with the regular Razor scooter for DD1.

OP, what did you decide to do?

acmom
07-21-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm bumping this thread as I just got DD2 a Razor Jr scooter at a yard sale for $10 and wondering if anyone has experience with it. I know there's a lot of love for the Mini Kick for that age group (she is a small/average 3 yr old) but $10 was too good to pass up, especially since we've been happy with the regular Razor scooter for DD1.

OP, what did you decide to do?

We ended up returning the razor and getting a mini kick for DS (3). We gave the maxi kick to DD (almost 5). They now zip around on them together - both seem to have the appropriate size. DS is able to use the mini much more easily than the maxi. I never opened the razor so I can't comment how that one worked - it may have worked great too. I just decided it would be better to have 2 of the same kinds so there wasn't a "good" one that they fought over, which has happened with other toys we have.