PDA

View Full Version : Fine. Just go eat cereal for dinner.

sarahsthreads
06-22-2013, 06:20 PM
You know what, girls? If one of you is going to have a tantrum over the idea of having grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner, and the other is going to whine and cry over the possibility of having pasta for dinner? You can just go make yourselves a bowl of cereal. I am clocking out early for the day. Maybe I'll order myself a pizza to be delivered after you ungrateful lot are in bed.

Oh, and feed the dog his dinner while you're at it.

Sincerely,
Mom.

hillview
06-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Today must be picky eater day because my typically easy going boys were SUPER picky today. I finally made a PB&J and called it good.

sarahsthreads
06-22-2013, 09:01 PM
DH is out of town, so it's not worth "cooking" really, since I'm the only one who will eat it. But grilled cheese and pasta are usually safe bets for dinner. And breakfast for dinner, but I know they'll want pancakes tomorrow morning, so that wasn't an option for tonight. (Though, really, I wonder how bad pancakes for two meals in a row would be...) PB&J sounds like a good dinner to me!

DD1 wound up toasting frozen waffles for the two of them, which they supplemented with squeeze yogurts and fruit. Good enough.

And then my mom came to my rescue and brought me turkey burgers, pasta & peas. Mmmm. And she somehow got my two children to clean all the toys off the living room floor. Why will they do this for her and not me?!? So at least everyone in the house is somewhat less grumpy, the kids are finally in bed, and I'm going to go find a chick flick and my knitting and chill for an hour or two. Too bad I can't enjoy a glass of wine while I'm at it! :)

Sarah :)

lovebebes
06-23-2013, 12:20 AM
That's so super not cool. Mine would have to "pay" me to get a cheese sandwich by eating spinach salad and quinoa.