PDA

View Full Version : Bee Plus/Bee Minus compatibility

PearlsMom
06-23-2013, 08:03 PM
My wonderful Bee Minus has truly and finally broken -- the adjuster arm snapped off inside the seat and Bugaboo isn't selling Bee Minus seats any more. It has been the PERFECT stroller for my 7 mo and almost-3 yo boys (the big one loves the riding board, the huge sun shade is perfect for our tropical homeland). So I'm planning to upgrade to the Bee Plus. Will any of my add-ons work on the new stroller? I think the riding board will, the Grace car seat adaptor won't, yes? Is it possible to use the Bee Minus canopy on the Plus? Clearly, I'll have the wires already (and a pair of GORGEOUS custom canopies I'd cry to not be able to use any more). Also, any tips on where to find the best deal on a Bee?

TIA!

tg_canada
06-23-2013, 09:43 PM
The canopies are a completely different shape so I do not believe they work on the 2010+.

Bugaboo keeps their pricing fairly tight so deals aren't abound from what I've seen. You can get something off eBay or used, but you will lose warranty unless the person provides you with the original receipt and you're willing to claim you're that person; warranty is only with original purchaser or original store it was bought at.

One other option is to see if you can repair your current one. There's a guy on Facebook, the "Bugaboo Repair Guy" that seems to know a ton about repairs/replacement parts.

tg_canada
06-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Just noticed on Bugaboo's parts store that the pre-2010 Bee has one canopy wire, whereas the Bee 2010+ has 2 wires. And they are different as well so aren't compatible.

PearlsMom
06-26-2013, 07:54 AM
Both canopies take 2 wires, though they sell them separately. I'm going to see if I can stick the old wires in the new Bee's slots. Anyway, my new Bee will be here Friday, so I'll let you know if it works! (And thanks for the Repair Guy tip!)

tg_canada
06-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Oh I see, you just need to buy 2 for pre 2010. Here's the 2010+ wires http://shop.bugaboo.com/INTERSHOP/web/WFS/Bugaboo-Bugaboo_US-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProduct-Start?SKU=590410&CategoryDomainName=Bugaboo-Spare_parts&CategoryName=Bugaboo_bee_2009_parts

The pre 2010 wires look taller/longer and they are also just a wire, not flat like the 2010+.