PDA

View Full Version : Any current sunscreen deals?

maydaymommy
06-24-2013, 11:37 AM
I missed the boat, of course. Using what we have around for the start of camp, but I need to get more.

I aim to stay 5 & below on the EWG scale.

Thanks!

brittone2
06-24-2013, 12:15 PM
WFs has been having the Alba Mineral SS on sale for about 6.99 in my area. I just paid 5.71/each through Frontier this month.
The one we use ranks as a 2 on EWG.

scrooks
06-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Target has what I believe to be the one everyone was talking about awhile ago on sale...the coppertone kids no more tears or something to that effect? If it's the correct one I think its a 2 on the EWG scale...Someone correct me if I am wrong.

They are $7.99 a piece on sale and if you buy 2 your get a $5 target gift card back. Plus there are $1 off coupons on targets web page and the paper yesterday had a $5 off 2. In the end using all of that it was a good deal.

ETA I actually think I bought the wrong one...:nodno: but the one coppertone kids lotion that is labeled pure and simple is a 2. And all coppertone sunscreens are on sale. I bought a spray....

almostmom
06-24-2013, 12:40 PM
I have started using Banana Boat Protect and Hydrate 30 (and 50). It gets a 3 rating on EWG. It is currently on sale for $7 at CVS. It goes on really easily, doesn't feel goopy once it dries. I bought about 6 of them for the summer so the kids can bring them to camp and leave them there and we have plenty at home. I'm loving it.

I am still looking for the right face stick though...

anonomom
06-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Plum District has Babo Botanicals vouchers, $20 for $40 (shipping isn't included, is admittedly expensive at around $9 per order). You can get their sunscreen around price that way.