PDA

View Full Version : Help me eat healthy at Disney!

jayali
06-24-2013, 05:40 PM
I am really trying to lose weight and have been successful, so far, on WW. We head to Disney on Friday for 5 days and I am so nervous about food choices. I remember the last few times we were there that healthy choices were not that plentiful. We are staying CL at the Polynesian, so I am hoping for healthy breakfast options there, but am worried about snacking/lite fare in the parks. Dinner should be OK as we did some higher end TS choices, so I figure I can find something healthier on those menus.

Anyone have any success in eating healthy in the parks?

megs4413
06-24-2013, 06:09 PM
what are your ADRs (if any)? you can view the full menu ahead of time for each restaurant....even counter service!

in terms of snacks and lighter stuff in the parks, that will take some planning. you can get menus ahead of time...not all QS spots will be equal in terms of reasonable offerings.

in terms of CL breakfast....there should be yogurt and fruit. most of the other stuff is just carbs, though there might be a healthy cereal thrown in there (like raisin bran or something.)

Here's a blog post about eating healthy at Disney...maybe you will find it helpful:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/02/04/eating-healthy-in-walt-disney-world/

123LuckyMom
06-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Our family eats quite healthfully, though we were striving for convenience at Disney. We got a lot of food for the room. We ate breakfast in the room each morning and brought healthful snacks like fruit, nuts, and cheese with us to the parks. We brought peanut butter sandwiches, Greek yogurt, fruit and veggies for my son's lunch each day and only bought him milk. I don't really remember what I ate, but it wasn't all fried and yucky. We remarked on several occasions that the food was surprisingly good. We ate counter service except for two meals. I think you'll find enough healthful options, especially if you bring good snacks. (We also stayed at the Poly. They have a great sushi bar!)

mytwosons
06-24-2013, 09:29 PM
I might be getting the name wrong, but Fresh Seasons in Epcot had some very tasty and healthy options. The QS Mediterranean place is also good.

megs4413
06-24-2013, 09:56 PM
I might be getting the name wrong, but Fresh Seasons in Epcot had some very tasty and healthy options. The QS Mediterranean place is also good.

Sunshine Seasons. And yes, it is a GREAT QS place with tons of options.