PDA

View Full Version : Morning sickness..how do you cope?

petesgirl
06-25-2013, 11:06 PM
How is everybody coping with/managing the constant nausea?? With DS1 I literally just laid around the house whenever I wasn't at work and I took the late evening shifts at work so that I could puke in the bathroom without an audience. This time around is different, with a toddler to care for, DH who works 2 jobs and is almost never home, and then my job....I'm not quite sure how to survive :)

So far I am sipping Reed's ginger ale all day long and wearing those sea-bands acupuncture wristlets and both seem to help somewhat, but I am open to more suggestions!!

ArizonaGirl
06-25-2013, 11:42 PM
My suggestion is to just take it one day at a time and carry gallon Ziploc bags with you everywhere. I literally threw up everywhere at one time or another for 16 weeks with DS and for 26 weeks with DD.

The Ziploc bags saved my car and me out in public on more than 1 occasion.

:hug:

megs4413
06-26-2013, 01:50 AM
You could try using B6 along with unisonm. if you are vomiting a lot, you could also try zofran.

I have used everything under the sun aside from accupuncture or marijuana. I hear that those help as well, but they're too out there for me personally.

megs4413
06-26-2013, 01:50 AM
You could try using B6 along with unisonm. if you are vomiting a lot, you could also try zofran.

I have used everything under the sun aside from accupuncture or marijuana. I hear that those help as well, but they're too out there for me personally.

georgiegirl
06-26-2013, 06:50 AM
Unisom/B6 at night and zofran around the clock

lizzywednesday
06-26-2013, 12:05 PM
I drank a 12-pack of room-temp seltzer a week and snacked constantly until I hit my 2nd trimester.

I carried pre-packaged snack baggies of pretzels (got sick of saltines VERY quickly), cheese sticks, almonds, and lemon candies.

I'm still avoiding lemon in a lot of things due to all of the lemon I used to get over morning sickness and my daughter is 3.

lchang25000
06-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Zofran helped a bit, but remember to take stool softeners and drink prune/pear juice since it made me very very constipated. My friends had issues with constipation too while on zofran.

petesgirl
06-26-2013, 06:03 PM

Marijuana! HA! DH and I are cracking up right now. I mean, I know it is used medicinally, but still...can that be safe??

petesgirl
06-26-2013, 06:05 PM
I don't remember zofran helping a lot last time, but I will have to get a script for my Dr. and give it another shot.

I also wanted to ask if anybody has used essential oils, such as Lavender. A friend gave me some and I felt like it was helping but then DH told me he heard it can cause miscarriages because it dilates your blood vessels. Any experience with essential oils?

megs4413
06-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Marijuana! HA! DH and I are cracking up right now. I mean, I know it is used medicinally, but still...can that be safe??

I have absolutely no idea if it's safe. Occasionally, someone on the hyperemesis forums I used to be on would say it was working for them and was more "natural" than traditional allopathic remedies.