PDA

View Full Version : Maine Baby Treats Bee Plus Hoods

rolypoly27
06-26-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm looking for the best expandable hood option for the Bee Plus. I find the regular canopy very lacking in coverage. I just bought the new breezy canopy, and while I like it, it's difficult and awkward to open and close. And still has no peekaboo window. Good coverage though. I'm wondering if a custom hood from Maine Baby Treats would be a better option. They have one with an expandable UV hood for $95 (yikes!). Anyone have experience with their hoods? How is the quality? Is it easy to keep clean? Is it worth the price? It's $20 more than the breezy canopy plus shipping probably. I was going to buy a regular canopy in a different color too for non-summer months so I suppose this can replace both.

ebp913
06-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Her stuff is amazing. I don't know her but we are both in a Facebook group together and I can assure that the quality is excellent. I saw one she did that was black on the outside with a really cute animal print inside for the baby to look at. So cute! You can order one from her and I'll buy your Breezy! LOL I just got a Bee and need a Breezy or something for it!

mell4556
06-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Oh I'm going to have to check her out :)

rolypoly27
06-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Her stuff is amazing. I don't know her but we are both in a Facebook group together and I can assure that the quality is excellent. I saw one she did that was black on the outside with a really cute animal print inside for the baby to look at. So cute! You can order one from her and I'll buy your Breezy! LOL I just got a Bee and need a Breezy or something for it!

Good to know it's excellent quality. That animal print design does sound really cute. I wish I could get the expandable hood with a peekaboo window. That would be perfect.

As for the breezy, I'll probably return it if I don't keep it since it hasn't been used outside. Hope you find a good deal on it. It was full price everywhere I looked but maybe you'll get lucky.

ebp913
06-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Good to know it's excellent quality. That animal print design does sound really cute. I wish I could get the expandable hood with a peekaboo window. That would be perfect.

As for the breezy, I'll probably return it if I don't keep it since it hasn't been used outside. Hope you find a good deal on it. It was full price everywhere I looked but maybe you'll get lucky.

You might try asking her if she would do a custom hood for you. I'm not sure what her policy is on that but it's worth asking!

rolypoly27
07-02-2013, 03:00 PM
I've been trying to get a hold of her through the website's Contact Us page, but I haven't gotten any response. If anyone knows of another way to get in touch with her, please let me know.

ebp913
07-02-2013, 03:02 PM
I've been trying to get a hold of her through the website's Contact Us page, but I haven't gotten any response. If anyone knows of another way to get in touch with her, please let me know.

She is traveling and not taking new orders for a few weeks. If you can wait, I'd check back mid July.

rolypoly27
07-02-2013, 03:09 PM
She is traveling and not taking new orders for a few weeks. If you can wait, I'd check back mid July.

Thank you! It was driving me nuts because I need the hood ASAP.

ebp913
07-02-2013, 03:12 PM
I would get something used off Ebay or something then place an order with her when she is taking them. It take 8-12 weeks to even get the hood once you order it too so you'll be waiting a long time.

rolypoly27
07-02-2013, 03:17 PM
I saw on the website that it takes a long time so I wanted to place my order as quickly as possible. I really wanted the expandable hood option for the summer but I guess that's not going to happen.

ebp913
07-02-2013, 03:20 PM
I know, it's too bad. I just got a Bee and I want the expandable hood too. I think I'll get it early next year so I can use it next summer.

swissair81
07-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Just to give you an idea of the waiting in real time, I ordered 2 stroller liners on 5/19 and I received them on Friday.

rolypoly27
07-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Just to give you an idea of the waiting in real time, I ordered 2 stroller liners on 5/19 and I received them on Friday.

Thanks, that helps. I think we will just keep the breezy canopy. It has good coverage and DD likes to peek out of the opening in the front. I don't like how it opens and closes but I'll get used to it. By the time I place my order and get the hood, summer will be over!