PDA

View Full Version : I just want the weather - ick, I'm squeamish

belovedgandp
06-27-2013, 02:16 PM
My default link to check the forecast, radar, whatever is weather.com. For some reason in the past week there have been gross pictures on the cover page. I just want the weather I do not need to see fish guts, weird eel like creatures, or snakes in all their full color over half of my computer screen. It just skeeves me out.

I'm sure there are wonderful articles related to these things, but really I'm coming to your site to see the temperature not be educated.

liz
06-27-2013, 02:46 PM
ewww, I know the pictures you are talking about. Also, it irritated me when their videos automatically started playing if I accidentally scrolled over them. I use Accuweather.com now.

KpbS
06-27-2013, 03:37 PM
OP, I totally agree! Between those crazy fake news articles and the weird ads for weight loss or mortgages I can't stand that website anymore. PP, thanks for the recommendation!

khm
06-27-2013, 04:55 PM
My default link to check the forecast, radar, whatever is weather.com. For some reason in the past week there have been gross pictures on the cover page. I just want the weather I do not need to see fish guts, weird eel like creatures, or snakes in all their full color over half of my computer screen. It just skeeves me out.

I'm sure there are wonderful articles related to these things, but really I'm coming to your site to see the temperature not be educated.

I use ad-blocker (Firefox or chrome). I had no idea how ugly some sites are.... Obviously doesn't help on an ipad or whatever, but if you can check it out.

Still-in-Shock
06-27-2013, 05:05 PM
I use weatherunderground at WUnderground.com, especially during hurricane season. I like the Weather Channel, but I am not crazy about their website. Their phone app is OK though.

belovedgandp
06-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Oh, none of these are ads. I have adblocker and use Chrome. Once in a blue moon I use IE for a site that is having issues with Chrome and there is so much crud; guess it proves how well the blocking does work. So glad I don't see that all the time.

lizzywednesday
06-28-2013, 10:02 AM
I use weather.gov because it's information directly from the National Weather Service, where my meteorologist uncle works.

It's ad-free.

Still-in-Shock
06-28-2013, 10:23 AM
I use weather.gov because it's information directly from the National Weather Service, where my meteorologist uncle works.

It's ad-free.

Thanks for this!!