PDA

View Full Version : What is in your 2-5 year old's dress up box?

amom526
06-27-2013, 07:58 PM
DS1 is 2.5 and is just starting to really get into dress up and pretend play. I am looking for cheap things/things I may have laying around to add to his dress up collection. Right now it pretty much consists of a few fire hats, and a large reusable shopping bag lol.

I know I want to get him a cape, but I am looking for other ideas...

ZeeBaby
06-27-2013, 08:51 PM
I brought the girls 2 dresses in each of their sizes from Christmas tree shops. They were $8 each and lasted us about 2 years. They still wear them now, but they have tears. I plan to get bigger sizes around Halloween as that is when they replenish their stock. I don't really care for the pretend shoes as they break easily and mess up our hardwood floors. They also have bags, cowboy hats, fireman hats and a bunch of other stuff we picked up various places. DD1 is less into playing dress up now that she is 5, but will play when DD2 (3.5) asks.

123LuckyMom
06-27-2013, 11:22 PM
My stepmother got DS a set of hats. They get TONS of use. This set is similar:

http://amzn.com/B000WNNP48

He also has a NASA jumpsuit and cap; a bull riding vest, chaps, boots, and cowboy hat (he saw a documentary on bull riding and became obsessed. We live in MA, so it's a little odd, but, whatever); and a full pirate costume and hat. He wants a cape. He also wants a knight costume.

Smillow
06-28-2013, 12:30 AM
My DS really likes being able to wear boots of all kinds year round. It started when he was around 2.5... I have found some accessories at Dollar Tree, but you have to scope it out monthly to catch some of the good stuff. Right now he's really into Buzz Lightyear & I have found wings & a helmet & gloves & pjs.

shweethart
06-30-2013, 01:26 AM
Hats and vests (dollar tree during Halloween )
Cape
Light saber
Avengers toy/prop things (mask, hulk smash etc)