PDA

View Full Version : Quick help needed! Question about Toro carrycot for Bee+

meggswife
06-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Hi Ladies,

I have been looking for months for a Micralite Toro carrycot/bassinet to use with my Bugaboo Bee when our new baby arrives. I've finally found one, but I have a question about the adapters. The info I've been able to find online says that the carrycot fits onto the Bee frame using the Maxi Cosi adapters that come with the carrycot. Is that all you need or will I also need to buy the Bugaboo Maxi Cosi adaptors also? In the pictures I've seen of other Bees set up using the Toro carrycot, it *looks* like Bugaboo adapters are being used. The seller didn't sound like she had the adaptors, (which should have come with the carrycot). She said she just snaps the carrycot onto the Micralite Toro frame. Does anyone know what exactly I need? Any help is appreciated. I'd love to make my Bee work (well) for the new baby!

ebp913
06-28-2013, 04:43 PM
I would think you need the Bugaboo ones but that's just my guess.

meggswife
06-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Thank you for your input.

georgiegirl
06-28-2013, 06:25 PM
I've heard you need the bugaboo maxi cost adapters.

meggswife
06-28-2013, 06:28 PM
That would stink, since they're $44.95, but I think it would be worth it to have a carrycot option for my Bee. If I'm able to buy it, I'll be sure to update after it arrives. :)

ebp913
06-29-2013, 09:01 AM
I'd check on eBay. There's a stroller swap group on Facebook and you cold probably get some there cheaper.

meggswife
06-29-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm on the FB group, I'll keep my eyes open. I went ahead and bought the carrycot, she's shipping it on Monday. After it comes, I'll test it out and let you know how it works. :)

dylansnan
07-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Pretty sure you'll need the Bugaboo Maxi-cosi adapters. Which Bee do you you have? The Bee+ adapters will be easier to find (I ended up importing ones for the older Bee - from England.) I have a question about how much the bassinette was and will send you a PM :)

edurnemk
07-02-2013, 05:43 PM
I have that setup, you need the BEE Maxi Cosi adapters, not the Toro Maxi Cosi adapters. The ones that come with the bassinet have no way of snapping unto the frame of the Bee. So you need to purchase the Bee adapters for Maxi Cosi car seats separately. We have a Cybex infant seat which also uses those, so at least I got a lot of use out of them.

meggswife
07-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Dylansnan, I have a Bee+. I'll send you a pm back. :)

Edurnemk, thank you so much for letting me know. I wish the Toro ones would work since the Bee adapters are so expensive, but I'm glad to know for sure. I have searched the world wide web and haven't been able to find an answer. :)

meggswife
07-02-2013, 06:28 PM
So does anyone have suggestions on where to buy the adapters for less than $44.95?