PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Old Office....

lalasmama
06-28-2013, 10:18 PM
I worked in my last clinic for 5 years. We were (what I thought was) a pretty tight group. We knew each other's lives inside out, could tell the minute details of when someone was upset and not talking, and celebrated every thing we could. We discussed kids, husbands, work, money, and everything baby. In other words, I considered them "real friends".

I got engaged months before I left my job there. People there helped me pick my location, my dress, my menu. They jumped up and down with me when I got my ring (we were engaged for a while before there was a ring). They b*tched with me when some planning thing went wrong. When I left, several people asked to come to the wedding, and I couldn't imagine them not being there.

.... and then today I get the RSVP that "no one from the clinic" will be coming. They decided to do the company picnic on that day... Mind you, they set up the picnic date 3 weeks ago. TWO WEEKS *AFTER* I sent out the wedding invites.

Thanks, Old Office, Thanks. Here I thought I had made real friendships with these people, and believed them when they said they wanted to be at the wedding. Apparently not.

(And for the record, in the last 5 years, company picnics were so poorly attended that they didn't do one last year.)

ArizonaGirl
06-28-2013, 11:08 PM
That sucks, :hug:

I work with a bunch of ppl that I thought were real friends and when the time came to back me they didn't and I got in major work trouble (I have been here for 11 years).

I don't trust any of them any farther than I can throw them...

It sucks...

hellokitty
06-28-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm sorry, that does suck and I'd be upset too, if I were in your situation.

SnuggleBuggles
06-28-2013, 11:32 PM
:(. Did you leave on bad or less than ideal terms??

lalasmama
06-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Nope! Left on great terms--gave them a THREE month notice, trained my replacement, multiple doctors offering me glowing references, bridal shower on my last day with a breakfast potluck (my favorite!)... Tears all around as I left!

Six of them even called 6 weeks ago to sing me happy birthday, and 4 mentioned that they are so excited to get together at the wedding.

I just don't get it!

elizabethkott
06-29-2013, 09:07 AM
I'm so sorry. I always sucks to find out that pele who you thought we're your friends really weren't. I feel horrible for you. (((((Hugs)))))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Globetrotter
06-29-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry :( Sometimes people have fleeting memories - out of sight, out of mind. Were you very close to any of them? If so, could you talk to them and express your disappointment? Perhaps they don't realize how much it meant to you. You might not want to go there, but just a thought.

MamaMolly
06-29-2013, 06:36 PM
That really, really stinks. I'm sorry.

niccig
06-30-2013, 02:18 AM
Poo on them. Seriously. I'm sorry they're being such jerks.

TwinFoxes
06-30-2013, 12:26 PM
That is truly bizarre. I'm almost wondering if you're being pranked. Are they that type of group? Like they're actually going to tell you surprise or something? Because I don't understand why everyone in an office that clearly valued you would go to the picnic! I guess a prank isn't likely, but I hope they come to their senses. :hug: Boo on them!