PDA

View Full Version : What clothes (if any) do you plan on saving as a keepsake?

SoCalMommy
06-29-2013, 03:09 AM
Did you save any clothing/accessories in particular? And what age(s) did you save? Just baby stuff or more?

I have a friend who has kept a favorite baby outfit or two, plus shoes for each of her kids for their memory boxes. She has four kids.

I have kept some handmade knit sweaters/hat, first pair of shoes and a toddler shirt that I received at my baby shower that i thought was hysterical. I plan on making the shirt into a keepsake pillow but the rest is in a box for safe keeping.

What did you save and why? Would love to hear if you plan on doing anything with them too. :)

jgenie
06-29-2013, 04:20 AM
I saved their baptism outfit and a couple of my favorite outfits for each DC. I have also saved a pair of jeans in each size for each DC. I plan to use the jeans to make a quilt to give them when they graduate high school.

hellokitty
06-29-2013, 07:14 AM
I saved my favorite newborn outfit from each child. Since I have three boys, we get a ton of sports and activity related t-shirts. I plan to keep those and make them into a quilt as well. I've seen it done with 5k t-shirts and thought that it was cool.

123LuckyMom
06-29-2013, 07:53 AM
The only things I've saved were things my mother hand knitted or hand made.

crl
06-29-2013, 11:44 AM
I saved their coming home outfits and ds' christening suit. Not planning on saving anything else. I am not generally a saver of things though. I always picture my poor kids having to sort through all that stuff some day and would rather just get rid of it now.

Catherine

Globetrotter
06-29-2013, 02:37 PM
I saved some special baby outfits and, oh my, piles of cute blankets. I can't seem to let those go!! They are mostly gymboree and some other nicer brands. I'm not the quilting type but I would love to do that to make them into throws.. one day.

twowhat?
06-29-2013, 03:04 PM
The only ones we saved were the tiny pink tees that they got from the hospital (which is also where DH and I got our graduate degrees), and the tiny caps that they got from the hospital. Everything else went to goodwill or other friends having babies or craigslist!

abh5e8
06-29-2013, 03:45 PM
i kept their baptism outfits and a couple of handmade blankets for each child. (but i actually still have TONS of baby clothes, my dc are still very young). i need to decide what else to keep/save and then find a good spot. i like the idea of having a box for each child.

ZeeBaby
06-29-2013, 04:59 PM
I saved a bin full of stuff. I did it when they outgrew it, but I plan to review again in a year or two to see if I want to keep it all. That includes clothes, blankets and anything else that made me nostalgic.

hillview
07-01-2013, 11:50 AM
nothing

lizzywednesday
07-07-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm not saving a lot, but the few things I'm saving are fairly sentimental - the Yankees onesie & flowered pants we dressed her in for Opening Day the year she was born, the hand-knit caps from the hospital volunteers, the smocked linen dress I bought her for my nephew's christening.

AngelaS
07-07-2013, 05:54 PM
The outfits they came home from the hospital in and their dedication outfits are what I saved.

lalasmama
07-07-2013, 06:03 PM
I saved a few outfits from DD's early years... The outfit I bought for her right before our first visit, and the outfit she wore on the day I brought her home forever. It's the best I could do, given her age when she came home forever (adoption placement at 3yo).