PDA

View Full Version : When do you wear your maxi skirts/dresses?

ett
06-29-2013, 03:39 PM
I see them sold everywhere, but I honestly don't know when I would wear them. I saw a mom wearing it at Gap today but in general I don't see anyone wearing them when I'm out running errands. I think if I had one, it would just end up sitting in my closet.

So when do you wear yours?

abh5e8
06-29-2013, 03:46 PM
to church or out to dinner with dh or a birthday party or dinner with friends or 4th of july picnic. i don't wear mine to work or every day (at home, running errands, etc), but i'm sure you could. i prefer a short skirt or shorts for running errands and around the house, as its cooler :)

SnuggleBuggles
06-29-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm too short for them but I used to wear them all the time in day to day life. I see them all the time.

Melaine
06-29-2013, 03:54 PM
I mostly wear them around the house. I really love them and have several, but for my climate they actually end up being two hot a lot of the time. Or at least the ones I have which are jersey tend to be pretty hot. I think they are cute for church or casual restaurants or beachwear or vacations or pretty much everything I do....just often too hot!

cuca_
06-29-2013, 07:58 PM
I wear all the time. To run errands, out to eat, etc...

MommyAllison
06-29-2013, 08:26 PM
I wear mine everywhere - home, errands, church, going out, casual weddings, etc. I have some that are long, some short. The long ones are warm, so I typically only wear them on mild days. I do see some other people wearing them when I'm out, but I just really prefer dresses and skirts over shorts and capris, so it works for me.

specialp
06-29-2013, 09:47 PM
I wear them everywhere. I do not prefer them on a super hot day where I will be outside all day long, but great for a typical day of in and out, errands, shopping, dinner/lunch out, etc. I do prefer cotton and to buy them in person so I can gauge the weight. I once ordered a beautiful plain v-neck one from Boden. That thing was so heavy in weight that I was looking for the hidden crystals in it. It went back. I also want to be able to wear a bra with straps. So I am picky, but I do love them for everyday/weekend stuff.

ang79
06-29-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm short, so have a hard time finding one that I'm not tripping over :( I do have a few that I wear to church or out on a date night, but for normal days out with the kids, running errands, etc., I prefer shorter skirts (like the ON fold over jersey ones) or dresses or shorts, as I hate being hot and sticky and long dresses make me hot!

ett
07-01-2013, 01:05 AM
Thanks everyone. I find it easier to wear shorter skirts when dealing with the kids and running errands but did order one to try out. I'll probably wear it to church though my church is super casual in dress.

ilfaith
07-01-2013, 12:22 PM
I am actually wearing this ( http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=91340&vid=1&pid=524690022 ) maxi dress right now. I was home doing laundry this morning and am going to run out and do some errands this afternoon. To me, it is as comfortable as wearing a nightgown. It is 90-or-so degrees and humid here today, but I don't find long dresses or skirts too hot.